Eden Nemesis NC212 Opinions? Experience?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Indi86, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Hey TB,

I'm helping the UB Jam Club replace their brand-new, and DOA walkabout combo. It started smoking 2 days out of the box, and they've gotta ship it back to Mesa. Given all of their troubles, and the pricing they can get, how is the Eden Nemesis line NC212 350W combo?

While I've had nothing but good experience with Eden, I know nothing about their Nemesis line.

Here it is at MF, in case anybody wanted to know exactly what I'm talking about.
  2. T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    I am interested to read some user feedback on the NC212 as well. Thanks.

3. What about Nemesis gear in general? Bump.
  4. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Since nobody's answering, I'll give some input. I have an NC210. I like it a lot, it's my backup for my WT1205. It does more than back up, It'll do small gigs. The Nemesis is made in China but under strict quality control. I have no problem with that. It's the older series 220 watts but it's LOUD. Handles a B string just fine. Bass Cental says it was their biggest selling Nemesis, and they sell a lot of them. Perry has one if that matters to you.
    I wish the newer ones were out before I bought mine. Just stay away from the Silver Series, they are not even the same animal. I wish they didn't put the Eden name on those.
  5. I've had a NC-212P since 2000 and it's been a great combo amp. I've been looking at the new one, since it's 350W. The 220W runs fine up to a little past half volume. After that, it starts to loose a bit of umph. I'd imaging the beefier amp would give more top end. I'm 100% certain the dual 12's could use the extra wattage also - they are superb speakers. My combo weighs exactly 56 pounds and, while it isn't a featherweight, it IS a pleasure to hoist around. Especially with the side dishes. I can carry it for quite some time before it starts getting annoying, including up and down stairs. The fit and finish is great and the tone is fairly neutral but SOLID and VERY punchy. I can do some pretty fast stuff and it punches solid in the chest just as quickly and responsively as a SWR Super Redhead that I played for a year or two. I got mine for $649 shipped from Riksmusic.com 6 years ago. I don't think they sell them anymore. $799+$69 from MF seems a bit high. Guess that's inflation for ya. :eek:
  6. azsfcsh

May 31, 2005
    Gilbert Arizona
    I love my Nemesis NC410 combo, plus its the newer version, so its 320 watts. They are great, but i think most places have a high price mark on them. I see muscianfriend sell them for around $1000 or so, but my local store sold me mine, which was brand new, for $650. I also got the extension cabinet, because i like the sound of full stacks, for $450, which i see other stores selling for $600 or so. But, if you can get a good deal on one, i would say go for it.
  7. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I'm using the NC-210 right now. I love the natural sound of this amp. I'm not a huge fan of the eq and "enhance" controls, but luckily I have J-retro onboard, so usually leave the amp flat anyways. One thing I always do though is to set it on it's side or on a riser. You can't sit it flat on the stage if you want any chance of hearing it, all the sound will be going right by your feet. If you can get the newer one with the extra wattage, I would. I have found the combo to be a little underpowered in louder settings. The only time I really had trouble was with a 30-40 piece brass band, drums, and keyboard w/ no PA support. There were plenty of times that a little extra headroom would've been nice though. The compact design is a major plus for travelling too. This thing is super small and easy to pack.
  8. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I have the NC-410, although it's the older model @ 225 watts RMS. For a model in its price range, it has some very nice features, i.e. the rotary EQ, parametric EQ, "enhance" circuit, gain control, compressor, effects loop, mute switch & headphone jack. The fiberglass resin box makes it pretty light & durable as well...

The voicing is pretty deep for a 4x10, although it's also quite clean and neutral. You're not going to get a lot of cranked-out Billy Sheehan tone out of this thing, unless you're using an overdrive effect.

The older NC-410 is a little underpowered IMHO - although the cabinet resistance is 4 ohms rather than 8 ohms, so that helps. I haven't tried the newer, higher-powered model.

If I had to do it over again, I would have purchased the NC-210 instead. It's a lot more portable, and would make an ideal small club & recording amp...