Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Nemesis nc410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xan, Apr 4, 2005.

1. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Hi

I'm thinking of upgrading to an Eden Nemesis 4x10. The NC410 is a combo, featuring a 320 Watt amp built in.

I'm not gigging at this point just garage style, but look to be gigging in the future.

Will this combo get me through? I thought that the amp section could have used some more equalisation options, but overall i thought that it sounded pretty good with an active bass.

Does anyone have any other amp/cab suggestions? I'm limited by price, but if I will pay a bit more for a reliable product.

Does anyone have any particular gripes with regards to this unit?

Thanks very much.

2. That amp will get you by and then some, you're at the point where you have enough speaker and power, but is that amp what you want? Only upgrade if the combo isn't meeting your needs, because I'm pretty sure right now it will meet your bands and anyone listenings needs.

3. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks for the reply.

I should have been more clear in my post, I am currently using a behringer 120 W bass combo and am thinking of purchasing the eden. the behringer obviously doesnt cut it in terms of tone. so really im just wondering if anyone has any specific problems with the eden because i played on one today and i was pretty happy.

cheers

4. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I have the 210, and it suits just fine for small clubs. If your band is full of really loud guitarists, well, I'm just not sure if it would compete with a couple of Twin Reverbs set to stun. It'd be close. The 410 would be better, I guess.

5. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I've played through one of the NC410s but just around a music store. While I can't comment on it's volume in a band setting, I will say that I liked it's tone. I currently have a tube pre/power amp setup and I thought it's tone, for a pure solid state combo, was quite warm.

6. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    yes i really liked the tone. and the compressor and enhancer seemed to be quite effective.

with regards to a shootout with the guitarists, i asked the music shop guy whether the combos amp could be bypassed should i want to drive the cab with something a little more powerful later down the track. he wasnt sure.

i also asked whether the amp could be used to drive additional cabs, and he said that he thought it could.

(the proper amp expert wasnt in the shop today)

does anyone know the answer to these questions?

thanks

7. Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I don't know about extra cabs or a different amp -- that's one of those ohmage questions -- but there is a DI there for when there's a PA available. In my experience, anytime you'd need more than even the 210 would put out in a club, there's usually a PA. It's in the garage or at the house party that you might feel underpowered. I suggest shock collars for the guitarists, myself.

Sometimes you can find Travellers for about the same money as the 410; cabinets are usually pretty reasonable (Avatar or that Dr. whoever it is, e.g.). The Nemesis and the Traveller have similar tones (same company); I kinda, in retrospect, wish I had done that. You'll have to mess around in the used market for the Traveller, though.

8. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    yes i spotted the DI and yes that will be quite handy. but in the more immediate future it would be used mainly in the party/garage scene. but even so, i think the guitarist is using a 100W marshall SS or something of that nature, and i would think that 320W RMS should be sufficient to drown him out should i dislike the tune hes playing! Im going to have to look into those shock collars... might hook one up to his distortion pedal!

thanks again for the help.

9. Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
  10. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I used one for about 18 months and it did just fine. I had an older one (200W or something) and it was capable of keeping up with a loud classic rock band (though fully cranked). I imagine this one would do you right.

11. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Great! If I purchase it I shall write up a little review.

12. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I love my Nemisis 410 cab. I run it with 280w (the amp is 400w at 4 ohms, but I'm only running an 8 ohm load, so 280 Watts) and it's loud, clear , and not too heavy for a 410. It's probably the most under-rated cab on the market, definitely the best standalone in my collection of cabs.

Do a search on "Nemisis" posts made by "Petebass" and read up on what I've had to say about this cab over the years - warts and all.

13. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Cheers I will. I actually did a search before I posted but must have missed yours.