Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Nemesis problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Javy, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Javy

Javy

Sep 15, 2000
    I can't get any sound out of the extension speaker jack on my Nemesis NC-210P combo. It just stopped working. The internal speakers work fine. The external cabinet and cable also work fine.

While the extension speaker jack does not have an on/off switch mounted on the amp (like the internal speakers do), I think there is some sort of a switch built into the jack itself to change the circuit configuration when an external speaker is connected. Maybe that's the part that's broken. Any other ideas? (I hope it's something simple that I can fix. Even though the amp is under warranty, I really don't want to pay to ship it out for repair!)

2. I've got an NC-212P, but have never hooked up an external cab, so can't speak from experience. However, I have electrical experience. You say the cab stopped working, which indicated that it worked at one point, correct? Did it cut out while playing or when you turned it on one day? If it cut out while playing, there's a good chance something overheated and you may have an open connection. If it just didn't work when turning it on, perhaps a connection came loose. It doesn't sound too bad, as you have full sound out of the internal speaker. There may be a fuse that protects the external speaker jack from passing too much current. Check all fuses with an OHM meter, even if they look OK. If you don't plan to send your rig in to Nemesis for warranty work, I would encourage you to open it up and look around. However, opening it up may void any warranty, regardless of what happens in the future (i.e. speaker blows...) Keep that in mind.