1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Nemesis RS Combo 2X12 or 4X10???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mrgoodbass, Sep 15, 2008.

1. mrgoodbass

mrgoodbass Supporting Member

May 9, 2006
    California
    Can anyone weigh in on the sound differences of these two combos?

2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I own the previous model of the 4x10 Nemesis combo, the NC410 - as well as the 2x10 version, the NC210. And while I haven't owned or played the 2x12 version of it, from everything I've gathered, the 2x12 is going to give you a somewhat rounder, fatter, more old-school tone with subdued upper mids & highs, while the 4x10 will be punchier, louder, and have more going on in the upper mids & highs.

Mind you, the 4x10 doesn't exactly lack for lows - Eden designed the drivers and the enclosure to generate a good amount of low end - so overall I would think the 4x10 has better balance. Between these combos, the 4x10 is clearly the better choice (and is priced accordingly) - at least for my purposes. YMMV...

MM

3. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    im looking at the same thing ... i need a good bit of low end and i am wondering if ill ever be happy with a combo . im trying to ease the load in from my 810 cab and tube head into something smaller ...... i actually was looking at the nemesis 115 combo and running an 15 extension cab with it . the 15 is the only combo rated at 8 ohms , so i assume i can run another 8 ohm 15 and have a 4 ohm load and get the full 350 out of the amp ..... all the other combos are listed as being 4 ohm internal .....