Eden Nemesis RS210 and an Avatar B210 extenstion?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ian Canefire, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Ian Canefire

Ian Canefire Guest

May 6, 2017
    Hi,
    In my local craigslist there is a Nemesis RS210 for sale. I really wanted to buy it, but I think the seller is asking too much ($500). I asked what was the lowest she was willing o go and she said $450. I own two 1x15, a 212, and I happen to have an Avatar B210 that is an extension cabinet.

My two questions are
    1) what is a reasonable price for a Nemesis RS210?
    2) Has anyone ever used two different manufactures' 210s to make a 410?
    In this case it would be RS210 and avatar B210 at 320 watts.

Thanks,
    Ian

Sanchan likes this.
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    You'll have to try it a see what happens. No guarantees on mixing cabs.

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

You are indeed facing a crapshoot. They may work happily with each other or the may fight each other all night long. Identical cabinets are the safest way to go.

4. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    That's a crazy high price when good new combos are available in the same price range or below. The other thing to be aware of is that Nemesis combos often had a series-wired extension jack because they were already putting maximum power into the internal speakers at 4 ohms, so adding an extension CUTS available power by increasing the ohms (series connections do this, where almost all other amps have parallel connections that reduce ohms and increase available power when plugging in an extension). Do some research on that combo, including checking used prices on completed listings at eBay. Good luck, Bob

5. Searay

Searay

May 20, 2012
    For the money there are better options. I like the nemesis and earlier Edens, but some seller flexibility would be expected.