1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Nemesis RS210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ElStretcho, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ElStretcho

ElStretcho

Apr 2, 2009
    I couldn't find much in the search about this combo but I played one today and it had that great Eden tone that I really like and sounded as good as the WTX260 to me. Nice and compact and I didn't notice the buzz the WTX260 produces (posted about that in another thread). I'm really thinking about getting that combo and adding a Nemesis 115 to get a little more lows. Seems like a good way to go for my first setup (running a Fender Frontman 15 'amp') now. Any experience with these or major emphasis to reconsider a WTX260 or hold out for the WTX500? The price is right and I can play it now, no waiting, no worries over buying used, supports the local independent music shop...

-Stretch

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    El,
    I've only played a Nemesis 210 combo and 115 combo in the store and thought they sounded "very" good. The 115 combo projected better and was louder than the 210, the 210 had a little faster response and would make a good near field monitor for when you have P.A. support.
    ....I'd wait for the WTX 500.
    I'm a fan of Eden gear also, (even though I have none right now), but I feel Eden really dropped the ball with the WTX 260 head. For my tastes the WTX 260 is the best sounding of the new micro heads, but it has some draw backs.
    It has a very fast to engage limiter and a very audible clicking sound when the limiter engages. It also does not have the power that most modern, gigging bassist look for. If your doing very small, low volume gigs a WTX 260 may work for you.

3. ElStretcho

ElStretcho

Apr 2, 2009
    Reading, reading, reading... The manual says the Nemesis extension speaker jack is wired in series. It's setup to give the internal 4 ohm 2x10 the max power. I guess I don't understand how adding an additional cabinet (if possible) effects this. Maybe I should just wait and save for the WTX500 and hope it has the buzz issue worked out and no new issues.... on to more reading...

Thanks-Stretch

4. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    El,
    I'm not 100% for sure on this, but I think you can add a 115 cab to the 210. It'll have alittle less power but will sound louder and fuller because of having more speakers working.
    I'd check on the Eden forum, I'm sure someone there knows for sure.
    www.eden-electronics.com

5. The series connection allows you to add not just one cab, but an almost infinite number of cabs without worry.

The first cab does not gain you any volume, but you will notice an improvement in tone.

With the second and subsequent cabs, you will hear not only an improvement in tone, but a marked increase in volume.

I've added up to six cabs to an NC-210 combo - the equivalent SPL was like running 1700 watts versus the 200 watts in the combo. It was freakin' LOUD!

6. ElStretcho

ElStretcho

Apr 2, 2009
    I can't see myself adding more than another 2x10 or 1x15. If I go the RS210 route, what ohm rating should I look for for the extension cabinet should I chose to get one?

Thanks-Stretch

7. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    I have an RS210. The extension speaker output is clearly labeled 8 ohm minimum load. I added an 8 Ohm Schroeder 1515L (2 15" speakers 104 db/1watt 40lbs). And I can tell you that it gets much louder and deeper and better in every way. It was okay before, but I had trouble keeping up with a guitarist who insisted on turning up his Fender deluxe until the power tubes saturated and a drummer. You could just barely hear me. With the Schroeder Everyone hears me. I'd say the extension speaker is in parallel, due to this big increase in volume. Granted having two very efficient 15s to complement the 2 10s doesn't hurt at all, but the overall punch and volume increase indicated to me that the amp is pushing out more watts too.

Attached Files:

8. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Stretch,

I wouldn't hesitate to jump on the RS210. I own its predecessor, the NC210, and am very pleased. The RS210 should be just as good, and probably better. The tone is warm, deep and clean. And the amp has some really nice, useful features for a modestly-priced unit.

I haven't used (or needed to use) an extension cab with mine, but I am certain that it's wired for series - not parallel operation. Get an extension in whatever ohmage the manual tells you to. :meh:

MM