Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Nemesis The Silver Series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FenderHotRod, Dec 23, 2005.

1. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
  2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    That's kinda up to you, I had a BA-115 and used it till I got a seperate head and cab. I have a regular Nemesis 210 and just ordered a WT800B and already have my XLT410 Cab,point is I like Eden, but I still have my Ampeg 3-Pro and PR410HLF and have a hard time parting w/ it. Point there is I like Ampeg too. I will tell you the silver series is made overseas if that makes any difference to you.
    If you like the sound better, trade it, but your not gaining much wattage wise. 20 watts is no biggy. It all depends on if YOU like playing it better.

3. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Even tho it's made overseas.. I also really liked the Back Panel
    I just havn't decided if I want to trade in for it, or just wait and save up for it.

thanks again

4. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    That matters to some people, it doesn't to others Eden is a good company. If you really like it, I think you should get it. Not really much sense in haveing a 100 watt 15" amp and a 120 watt 15" amp, so I'd sell it or trade it in. The only reason I can't part w/ my Ampeg is I can rationalize having it because it's 450 watts @ 4 ohms and the Eden WT800B is 1000 or 1100 watts @ 4 ohms depending on what you read so I can see cases where I might want to use 1 or the other. I should sell my Ampeg though, but it's gonna hurt.

5. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    I kind of wonder if trading the USA Ampeg for the China Eden is really worth it. The guy at the store said that the speakers are made in the USA and ship to chin and the do all the installing and stuff.
    I had to take the tweeter out of my Ampeg because it would hiss so bad I couldn't stand it. I would probably have to trade with my guitar amp too. I just don't have the extra money to spend on it right now.

6. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    You only get a fraction of what stuff is worth when you trade in. I'm bad about getting the wants and wanting to do it right now so I know how you feel. Unless your sure you're done w/ your guitar amp, I'd say try selling the Ampeg on Craigs list or even here, or wait and save up.

7. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Well I took my G&L Tribute down there today and played threw it. I really like it, but just decided to keep what I have.
    I'll wait until I have the money, or I'll just might trade my amp in later for something with more watts. I also just didn't want to trade my guitar amp in as well.

The Eden is only $439 IMO is very under priced (Man what happen to the days when the cheap stuff from china and Korean made stuff was crap..?lol) If they had that amp out when I was looking for my first amp. I would of bought it over the Ampeg. Anyway for my next amp that I buy I going to go with Eden.

Thanks for your help.
    Kelly

8. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Anytime,glad I was of service.

9. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    Dude, I played through the Nemesis Silver series 2x8, and it sucked. I mean SUCKED. No volume, no good tone, nothing. It distorted past about 4 on the volume. What's the point of having 120W if it's not slightly loud?

We ended up buying a Behringer head over that because it sounded WAY better for a third of the price. Then we had money to shop around for a cab.

Maybe I played through a lemon? But even the front panel looked cheesy and cheap to me. RCA inputs? Headphone jack? Can someone say "entry level"?

No offense, but why on earth would you want to trade one entry level amp for another? Just save for a little while longer and actually upgrade your gear. Maybe to a "real" Eden?

Just my 2 cents, coming from a fella who has done his share of trading entry level gear + money for equally entry level gear just because I wanted something new...

10. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Did you not read threw the whole post?
    I decided not to get it. You should also look at the back panel. I also played threw the 2x8 he had there I liked it and it played pretty well at a higher volume. I prefer 15" speaker...I think if you could get a 15" cabinet to add to the 2x8 would make a nice rig....

When I played my Bass threw the N15s I made the whole store rattle.

11. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    I get that you decided not to buy it. I just don't understand the mindset of trading one entry level rig for another. I can totally respect buying what you can afford, but I figure the best thing to do is to always upgrade... never down or trade across.

My last example of this: trading a $100 Strat copy and a weird vintage axe worth about $150 for an old SG that this pawn shop had for $450. Trading two crappy guitars for a great guitar.

Always trade up. You'll never regret it.