1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Nemesis

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by trev5269, Mar 22, 2009.

1. trev5269

trev5269

Dec 2, 2007
    Last Night we opened for our friend's band at a local bar, and I just used the bassist's amp that he had rented for the weekend. It was a 2x10 eden nemesis i think 320 watt. This thing tossed out great lows for its size. My B string would sound distorted, only because I had the thing cranked to keep up with 2 guitarists and my drummer, but wow. I bet a 4x10 with maybe a 15 or something would sound GREAT. The lows just sounded so tight and thick, even compared to my 610hlf powered by svt4pro. I think i may have to find some eden amps/cabs to test!

2. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    I played on a nemesis 4x10 combo and it had a great sound to it. even the 2x12 was pretty darn good. but for low clean sound the 4x10 was a surprise.

3. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    I have 2 Nemesis NA320s (I use them both at the same time for very large gigs) and run them through various combos: 2 SWR 2x10 cabs stacked (4 ohms for the full 320 watts), 1 2x10 alone, or with my vintage Goliath cabinet. Regardless of the cabinet combo, at 8 ohms (200 watts) it is amazingly powerful and clean, and at 4 ohms is can blow the wall off the back of a club if I want it to. Friday night was the first gig with the vintage Goliath and man, the sound onstage and out front was incredible. A 4x10 setup seems to bring out the best in these heads for sure.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I hate Eden but I like Nemesis. Nemmy just sounds better to my ears. Not nearly as clanky as Edens can get.

5. trev5269

trev5269

Dec 2, 2007
    So do the nemesis amps/combos have a different sound than the navigators and the xst cabs etc?

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I think they do. More old school...less brightness, less scoopy tone, etc. YMMV.

7. i agree with Jimmy, the Nemesis amps have a warm, flat tone with powerful EQ controls