Eden opinion before I pull the trigger

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jayroc1, Sep 6, 2016.

1. jayroc1

jayroc1

Sep 24, 2015
    Canadian player with a quick question

I'm about to purchase an Eden WT550 head and 2x12 Eden cab for $900 cdn. Is this a good price for an early 2000s model? Or am I getting ripped off?

Any opinions or thoughts are appreciated

Cheers

Linnin likes this.
  2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Eden is good stuff! A new WT550 head is $900 USD. As long as the head and cabinet are in very good condition, yes $900 CDN is a good deal! Have you played through the rig? Does it have the tone and sound quality you're after?

neptoon likes this.
  3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    before the micro head craze, the wt550 was probably one of the better, more versatile heads out there...I have a wt-800c that I love and I've owned a navigator and a metro combo previously...I have also had a couple markbass heads, a shuttle, and a few others, and even though I might get something smaller/lighter later on, I think the Eden is where it's at...the 212 was one of the better 212 cabs out there before all the neo cabs were marketed...so that rig isn't the lightest, most portable out there, but it's a solid, versatile rig that will do just about anything

Linnin likes this.
  4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    and I would say that's a pretty good price if it's in good condition

Linnin likes this.
  5. Jon Mush

Jon Mush

Jun 3, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB
    I had an early '90's WT-500, with the 210-T cabs. Sounded phenomenal. It was bulletproof, warm, punchy. Still my favourite electric amp.

I got rid of it because I started playing upright and needed something more versatile for that stuff.

Took a beating on mine when I sold it, but I needed the cash...sorry to see it go.

6. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Have you played one of the new WTP amps? Just wondering if they still have what you liked about the WT.

7. Jon Mush

Jon Mush

Jun 3, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB
    I've never tried any of the newer ones. Even backline stuff is still WT-800s, if at all.

I was super interested in the new DNA stuff when he started building again, but I play mostly upright now and moved to Tecamp/MAS after a bunch of asking around on the dark side.

8. lpbfender

lpbfender

Jan 7, 2012
    Stamford CT
    Agree with above. Own the WT 400 bought new in 2000 and despite using GB Shuttlemax, i love the wt400. I use use it on top of two Eden 2-10xlt s and always loud enough.

You might be able to talk him down using the old " heavy outdated" stuff but it's s great rig.

Attached Files:

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022