Eden opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassBeat33, Feb 22, 2005.

1. BassBeat33

Feb 12, 2005
    charleston, wv
    which do you guys like better: Eden D410XST or D410XLT. i play rock, mostly harder stuff and will be pushing about 600-700watts.

opinions please, i have no oppurtunity to test these. please help.
  2. Okay I figure I can help since I have worked with the xlt and xst lines. I worked with the 210 models though.. in pairs though so it should be similar information.

The xlt has much more in the midrange. It seems to have a bigger hump. The main difference I noticed between the two is that the xst really has the low end covered a lot further down than the xlt.

If you have a 5 string I would say there is not even a choice to be made. The answer is xst. It can handle the 5 string making the B string sound just like the other strings. The xlt will struggle a bit more. I found that the xlt seemed to work harder than the xst and had more push to it.

The xst is more expensive, but not by much really and I would say it is definitely worth it.
    I would call it a level up from the xlt. Plus the sensitivities are similar so the xst will be basically the same volume as the xlt just that the xst will have more bass [flatter response] and the xlt will have more mids [more of a rock and roll response].

I chose the xst line and I play in a hard melodic rock band that also gets soft. I power mine with 600 watts each [210xst]. You might also want to consider that if you upgrade your amp in the future that the xst line has higher power handling.

I think eden is a good choice. Their warranty service was very decent through the local music shop I deal with. Replaced some blown drivers for me no questions asked even though I was prepared to have to pay some of it out of my own pocket.

3. I've found that the XLT cabinets have an aggressive midrange bark to them that cuts. The XST cabinets are more refined and deeper sounding, and a little bit less efficient.

My preference is for the XST cabinets as I didn't like the XLTs low mid hump, but the XLT would probably work better if you need to compete with loud guitars.