Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden or Bag End

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Jan 10, 2001.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    What is the difference in sound between Eden an Bagends 2x12 speakers. Whitch is best suited for loud pop/rock?
    Please give me your oppinions!
    What should I pay for them?
    I will use the cab with my Ashdown ABM300

2. About $180 less for the Bag End ($715 vs $535)...

I tried the Eden cab recently (4 ohm), and it is the first Eden cab I've ever liked. It is very un-Eden in sound, and I think it would be great for loud rock / power pop. Two would be even better. Had a very high 'chest-hit' factor, but has a good deal of tight low end. I think it would work great for someone like me who plays moderately fast with a pick. It kept the low end from turning into a big low rumble. I may drive to Washington DC this weekend to try the Bag End. I'll let you know if I do.

3. jimstick

jimstick

Dec 8, 2000
    TRACE ELLIOT,TRACE ELLIOT,TRACE ELLIOT

4. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    If you check my profile I allready have Trace Elliot cabs and I have owned a Trace combo. I think they sound really sterile and cold. Not my sound.

5. Larzito

Larzito

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I have blown my Eden 2-12 TWICE!!! I really dig the cab, it has the vintage vibe with the modern tightness. I wanted a stand alone cab for an alternacountry thing (which means we aren't heavy metal loud). Its light (75 lbs). It sounded good, but can't hold up...so I have to have it reconed (again) and then its up for sale. Too bad, I thought I was on to something. Just for reference, I have used, abused and otherwise played through Eden 210/410 cabs for years and not blown one yet...smells like the 12s aren't up to the task.