Eden Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by VS, Feb 20, 2004.

1. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Do you feel that you got your money's worth investing in Eden cabs/heads? Are they quite worth it? Any noticable downsides? Thanks for any replies. -Luke
  2. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    I have a WT-800 and a WT-600 for heads. For Cabs I have a 410XLT and a 115XLT as well as 2 ampeg cabs.

I got amazing deals on every piece of Eden equipment I own (they were all used).

I really couldn't be happier with my equipment and definately have no regrets at all for purchasing them. I would definatly look for used Eden stuff as the new products are pretty pricey. If you can get some money off of retail then you'll be a happy camper.
  3. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I had a wp100 pre amp which was outstanding, but sold it when I got my second all tube svt. I still use my 410xlt. Both were well worth the money. I've had the cab about 4 yrs now, and it hasn't missed a beat. Eden makes QUALITY gear.
  4. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    I use the eden navigator preamp for a rock/metal band and like it alot. I sold the eden cabs Ive had along time ago. I didnt like there sound at all.
  5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
  6. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I own a navigator and a 210 XST and I love them. Probally the best investment I have made. So I have not had any problems with either.
  7. TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    As a soundman and equipment tech, I have worked with a fair bit of Eden gear. I find it to be unremarkable and comparable to the SWR, Ampeg, Hartke, Peavey, and GK rigs I've worked with. The best box I've heard is the Acme Low B2 http://www.acmebass.com My amp of choice is the Crown K1. I haven't experimented with enough preamps to voice a preference.
  8. I've got a Navigator and 210XLT and enjoy both very much, thank you. Both were bought used for good prices (I believe I could make a tidy profit selling my Navigator, but I like it too much!), and I certainly have no regrets. I may eventually end up using all Aguilar cabs (I have both Eden and Aggie now), but Eden is always quality as far as I'm concerned.
  9. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Well, I REALLY dig my 410T, which I got used for $400. It was a pretty good deal, I just didn't really care to search any longer (I had already been looking for a 4x10 that could hold its own in the $400 range). The cab is just amazing. I pulled out one of the drivers, and it's a '94. I just love how efficent, how small, and how it's got a nice low end. I'm really excited to check out some XST cabs, but I can't really find them locally.
  10. If my WT550 were ever lost, or stolen, I would be on the phone to Bass Central for another one just like it. No hesitation whatever.
  11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have the Metro combo, and I don't have any plans of ever getting rid of it. One of the dumbest things I have done recently was sell my 410XLT.

I do not have the amount of experience that TimmyP does, but my Eden gear has always sounded better than the brands he listed. Not saying he is wrong, just my personal experience.

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    WT-300, WT-800, 210XLT, 410XLT, 115XL. I sold my 212XLT because I'm just not a twelve-inch guy. Otherwise, I'd never buy another brand. I'd think about it, but never do it.

As far as quality, I've never had a repair. Tone-wise, it rules to my ear, but if you don't like a clean, modern sound, you might not like Eden.
  13. Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Basic setup WT400 with two aguilar 1x12s sounds wonderful.
  14. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I've owned SWR, and it doesn't come close to my Eden gear. I never understood what people meant by cold, brittle, and sterile until it was replaced with Eden.
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The only downside to Eden gear is how lame everything else sounds.
  16. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    So true. So true.
  17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Excellent....I knew the other "Eden guys" would pop up in this thread and do a better job of explaining why the Eden gear is superior.

Another downside is that it spoils you.

18. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Don't I know it. I went straight from a Crate 1x15 combo to my WT-300 / 410XLT setup. Extra cabs and power came later, but I got spoiled really fast. It helped that I scored them at a pawnshop in *new* condition for $950 out the door. They even had the tags on them, fer crying out loud. Virgin, as it were.

Never looked back. Never had to. Though I've partaken of SWR, GK, and Ernie Ball cabs/amps over a few years, Eden is still my baby. Loves me some Eden.
  19. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    IMHO, they're one of the better amps/cabs being made today.

quality construction, and despite being bought out by a larger company, doesnt seem to be any hiccups in the translation from medium scale to large scale production. buying Eden is money well spent.

but it also depends if you like their rather aggressive and cutting sound. smooth and mellow, no? because of that, i'm not necessarily a fan. still, cant deny their overall quality of product.
  20. bassic1959

Jan 16, 2003
    As an owner of 3 Eden cabs I have been very happy with them. I use the 115XLT and 210 XLT mainly now. Awesome sound and tons of bottom. I have tried most of the premium (read expensive) brands and the Eden was the best bang for the buck, IMO.