Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden power

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by soundoholic, Mar 1, 2003.

1. I'm about to buy 2 dc 210 xlt's and an eden head, but I have no idea of what head to get. They're really effiecent speakers but I do like head room. I was thinking the wt-500. Any help would be great.

2. lowfreqman

lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    If they are 8ohm cabinets and you want to run both of them at the same time, you might as well get a WT400. The higher WT models can only bridge into one 8ohm cabinet with higher wattages.

If they are 4ohm cabinets, get the WT600 (300W per cabinet) or the WT800 (400W per cabinet).

If you don't like these options, and still want to stick with an Edenesque amp, get a Navigator preamp and a separate power amp. This setup will give you more tonal/cab configuration flexibility.

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Whee....I can help here!

:cool:

Here are all the options:

Two D210XLT - 8 ohms:

Best setup - WT400 or WT550 (when it becomes available). "Daisy chain" them, gives you a 4 ohm load, full 400 watts from the WT400, 500 watts from the WT550.

Two D210XLT - 4 ohms:

Most flexiblility! You can run the stereo/bi-amp WT's (600, 800 - 500 is discontinued, but I happen to know where a few are, check the sig below ;) ) and get the max power from each side. If you want to run a smaller, quieter rig, just use one side of one of the stereo/bi-amp heads. You CANNOT run the Eden 500, 600, or 800 bridged mono under 8 ohms ("Blow'd up reeel gud!!!), so keep that in mind, only 4 ohms a side in stereo or bi-amp.

Or, get the WT550 or the MH600 (Metro Head) which both operate at 2 ohms. Both give you 600 watts at 2 ohms, and both are plenty powerful at 4 ohms to cause ear bleeding in the audience.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Ahhhhh, yes. The ol' WT-550. I'd like one of those.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    So would a lot of other people :meh:....

...me included! :bawl:

Hopefully, they'll have 'em out & about soon!

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    How about that 112XLT?

:D

Seriously though, you are gonna have one hell of a rig whichever way you end up going.

Peace
    Nick

7. thanks for the info. I didn't know that eden was coming out with a new amp(wt-550). I think them being bought out was the best thing that could have happened to them, same company but with more money. They'll be able to do more and expand their line up.