Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden=powerful?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by birminghambass, Jul 6, 2005.

1. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I'm close to trading my SVT3 for a WT300 (plus cash). My question is: how does Eden power rating compare to Ampeg watts. The SVT is 450w vs. 300w in the WT. I've heard Ampeg power ratings are a stretch, but I've never needed more power than the Ampeg puts out. I've heard great things about Eden, but have never gigged with one. Will the Eden get close to the Ampeg in stage volume? Or should I stick with my SVT. Thanks in advance.

2. I think you will find the tone of the eden quite different to the Ampeg - the eden will probably cut through slightly better, and is definately cleaner. The eden power ratings re quite conservative... I think you will probably get about the same volume from the eden.

3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    From my experience with Eden's and Ampeg's. The Eden will be louder.

150 watts difference is nothing. And every Pro Fet III i've played through has been underpowered, YMMV though.

4. If you are boosting the bass or using the ultra low, that tends to sap ALOT of the power out of the SVT III pro

5. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    What a useless button. I only use it when I'm practicing at very low volumes.

6. Its on my SVT II aswell, i dont like it at all, ultra high on the other hand is great :)