Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden price increase?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 8_finger, Feb 19, 2003.

1. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Today I went to local Eden dealer (Croatia, Europe) who told me that becouse of Eden-Washburn merging the prices went 15% up. This is usually OK guy (he has the best prices for eden in Europe AFAIK) and on this one I'm not sure if he's selling me fairytales.
    I just wanted to know if this was true.

2. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I'm surprised to hear that any Eden equipment is available or being shipped.

3. Why does that surprise you? My local dealer says the merger has been no problem, quite transparent on his part. He made no mention of price increases, and the new cabs he had in were at the same price. Sounds like a fairy tale to me.

4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    One or two prices went up by maybe $20 or $30. A few went down and most stayed the same. From what I understand, Eden is just starting to ship this week. I think this will be a very positive move and I think the Washburn folks will give to Eden exactly what they needed: financial direction. I look for Eden to have a huge next couple of years and also think the quality will stay the same or get better.

5. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've just not heard any mention lately about any activity from them. So does your local dealer have any of the XST cabs in stock? I'd love to get a 210XST.

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Wow, now Glockenklang will be even more significantly cheaper than Eden in Germany. :p

7. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I was talking to a good friend of mine who owns the local eden dealer

he was saying about how good the prices of eden would be because of the merge.

now he was one of the major sellers of washburn stuff so that brings the price down a bit but still after being taken over by a company who has much more merchandise to sell it makes you wonder.

It sound like that guy may not have carried eden before and to change suppliers he had to pay an extra price.

8. I know there is a 4x10xst sitting there, and a couple of 2x10's, but i'm not sure if they are xst's.

www.eddiesguitars.com

email or call Nathan, tell him Greg sent you :) I'm also not sure if they will ship stuff or how much that would cost you extra.

have you contacted bassnw or basscentral?

9. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    The guy got his eden dealership recently, his first batch of gear got shipped just before merging. But he doesn't have suppliers he deals directly with eden (that's reason why he has prices cca 20% lower than other dealers in Europe).
    Even with the price increase his prices will be lowest in my region. But I don't understand why the story.

10. Mr. Pitiful

Mr. Pitiful

Jan 22, 2003
    Fargo ND
    I think there is some price gouging going on. I just purchased a new XLT 410, and almost everywhere I called were discounting them trying to get rid of them before the new stuff comes in. What really is happening is that alot of stores are not going to be carrying the Eden brand any more because to do so you have to now be a Washburn dealer as well. Also, the only cabs that will be made are the new cxc cabs and the Nemisis line. there will be no more production of the XLT or T cabs. Thats my understandidng anyway.

Mr. Pitiful

11. I have alot of trouble believing that the company would quit making their best selling line. They sell 10x the number of XLT's than anything else. Just doesn't make any sense at all...

12. Here's a quote from the Eden website. www.eden-electronics.com I understand it to say that they will continue to make the Eden heads and cabs. I mean,that IS what they are known for,not the CXC or Nemesis stuff. Anyway,here's the quote:

"At the top of the line, the World Tour amps will continue to define state of the art bass amplification. The David Eden pro line of products will also remain. David will now have the ability to implement the expansion and improvements that have long been developed in prototype stages."

13. lowfreqman

lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I seem to remember someone posting a note from David Nordschow that reassured us the David series cabs and WT series heads would continue to be produced (even thought the official press release didn't explicitly mention it).

14. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I am an Eden dealer. The XST, XLT lines are alive and well. They will stop doing the Nemisis for awhile but will probably bring the line back later. The XST, XLT, WT is the backbone of Eden and will not be stopped. You don not have to carry Washburn to carry Eden. The prices have not gone up, just a couple have. A few have gone down.

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Folks, your scoop ain't all that hot. Here's the press release right off the Eden site.

Press Release

16. Mr. Pitiful

Mr. Pitiful

Jan 22, 2003
    Fargo ND
    Well, I am glad to hear that I am wrong. It did not make any sense to me either why they would discontinue that line. I love my Eden gear. I was only relating what store owners told me and what I read in Bass Player magazine. I may have misread the paragraph. Thats alot of reading for me. My bad.

Mr. Pitiful