1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nanookofnj, Feb 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nanookofnj

nanookofnj

Oct 21, 2010
    In the market for a new head/cabs. Love the Eden tone and use a WTX500 and E seris 4x10 at our rehearsal space.

So I'm sold on Eden, but I no longer see the WT800 on their web site or on retailers pages.

I was hoping to use the WT800 to push a D115XLT on the bottom coupled with a D410 XLT or D410 XST as my forever stack.

Would it be best to get both cabs in 8ohm and run the WT800 bridged? Or is it more beneficial to get both cabs in 4ohms and run L(410 high) and R(15 low) using the crossover to dial in?

With the D115 for lows, thinking the 410XST would be a better choice with less ports then the XLT? Am I correct?

Any idea why they canned the WT800 as everyone seemed to be using one of those?

I see the Pro 900 @ $1800 but I don't see a lot of people using those to compare tone, and I'm just not convinced the WT550 with a D410XLT be enough for my needs.

Thanks in advance for your replies/suggestions.

2. Now, Nookie, didn't your mother and I already warn you about mixing a 15" with 4 tens?
    I think an XLT stacked on an XLT would be a killer.

3. >Story alert< I had a Peavey 410TX which was just so un-bitchen. I really had the jones to have an Eden XLS behind me, thumping me, so I found one on Ebay. Gotta love that E logo!

I did a full-on A/B comparison between it and the Peavey, all things were equal, including an A/B switch.

Damned if the Peavey didn't come out on top. It just gave me... more.
    Re-Boxed up that Eden up and sold it on Ebay the next week. (Still have that Peav, but I've settled forever on fEARful.

(thought I'd share this, being bored at work.)

BasturdBlaster likes this.
  4. hopsbb

hopsbb

Nov 8, 2014
    I know Eden is coming out with the Terra Nova line of amps. Maybe that has something to do with why the 800 isn't on the site.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    ... except the D-410XST will give you a lot more oomph on the bottom end than the D-115XLT will. The D-210XST will go lower than either of them, perhaps with a slightly lower SPL.

6. reno88

reno88

Mar 16, 2008
    Atlanta
    if you haven't already, check the eden forum on their home page. very helpful and knowledgeable folks over there in my experience. i don't know the answers to your questions, but i have a 210xlt and a 210xst that i run together, and they kill. i dig eden gear. good hunting!