Eden question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kegbarnacle, Jun 19, 2004.

1. kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003
    I just found an Eden wt400 used at a great price. However, the tag on it says it has the wt550 modification. I was not aware that such a modification existed. Is anyone familiar with this? What is this modification?

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Two changes I'm aware of between the WT-400 and the WT-550 are 1) Speakon outputs and 2) an improved, quieter preamp. I'd ask some very specific questions before you buy!
  3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Don't forget the most important difference, 550W @ 4 ohms! :D
  4. Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    Actually, such a modification doesn't exist. At least it didn't as of 3 months ago. I emailed Eden to see if my WT-400 could be upgraded to the 550, and David Nordschow replied telling me that such an upgrade wasn't possible.
  5. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Its actually 500W @ 4 ohms. But the biggest difference i have found, i have owned both amps, is that the 550 will go down to 2 ohms. 620W @ 2 ohms.
  6. kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003
    They already sold it... $450 out the door. Good price, but I don't feel too bad about that one. I love eden stuff but that particular one had some questions. Most notably was that the socket that receives the power plug had it's screws removed, so the socket itself would begin to pull out when you unplug it. Then the whole "550 mod" thing, I have no idea what that amp's been through...

I really blew it on a SWR SM 500 in mint condition also for $450. Why I didn't buy that on the spot I will never figure out.