Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EDEN RIG FOR SALE

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Chopper, May 17, 2004.

1. Eden Rig complete system!
    (Excellent condition)
    One WT300 Head.
    Two D210XLT speaker cabinets. 8 ohm
    Crate BFX 1000 effects processor.
    Tuner.
    EV Microphone.
    Two D.I.’s (One not working) for parts
    Flight Case for head. Covers for cabinets.
    Mic. stand, and all cables.

$1500.00 buys it all. Cash Only.
    To much to ship. I live in Oswego, Kansas. Two hours from Wichita, KS Tulsa, OK,
    Springfield, MO. Three and a half Hours from Kansas City. Oklahoma City.

I seem to be having trouble posting pics? I will email any pics requested.

2. I will bump this a few times so please bare with me.

Im still having troubles posting pics the size is to large but when I resize them they still wont post.

p.s. sorry no trades!

3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Would you consider selling one of the 2x10's, and if so, for how much?

4. Sorry need to sell the entire rig.

still cant post pics.

Embellisher could you possibly help me out?

Email for pics @ bdjbass@oswego.net

5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I could be wrong, but I have a feeling you'll have a very difficult time selling the entire rig.

Also, look here --> http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126907 for instructions on posting pictures. It will tell you how to resize pictures to be large enough to see detail but small enough that the forum will allow you to post it.

Actual posting of the pictures requires nothing more than simply browsing your computer.

6. Pics going up today!

7. once again! :D I will bump this one last time late tonight for the night owls!

Thanks!

8. Last time for the night owls of TB land.

Make an offer. But Please serious ones only.

I need the cash due to unforseen expenses.

9. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I'm very interested in one of the 2x10 cabs, so if you DO decide to split the rig up for any reason, please let me know! :)

10. Ty

Thank you for your persistence in acquiring one of my cabinets. I will make a special one time
    offer on a single cabinet.

$1200.00 buys you a single cabinet, and I will throw in the rest of the rig at no charge.

As I said numerous times I need to sell the entire rig. Supporting my family is my #1 priority in
    my life and that’s that! I wont go into detail here.

Thank You !

11. klorence

klorence

Nov 21, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA

Then be realistic! Your chances of selling everything are better if you split it up.

There are lots of people out there like Ty who may really want a single cab or just a head, and most likely very few who are looking to drop $1200 all at once on a full rig.

I could be wrong, though.

Another angle: you could get more $$ if you split it up. $1200 for all that stuff seems cheap.

But again, I could be wrong.

12. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    If you want to sell it all put it on E-bay, It is unrealistic to try and sell it all here, Possibly it COULD sell, but in reality, It Most likely wont.

13. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    I agree. Ebay works best in a jam. Every piece of gear I've ever listed there has sold. Often for more than I expected. You have a limited customer base here.. everyone shops on eBay.

14. JYD

JYD Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2001
    USA
    I rarely chime in on anything but......

The one TB response is right on the money.

1200 for the entire rig sounds more then fair.
    But everyone doesn't want or can't drop 1200 at once.
    Between me and one other responder you could sell both the cabinets.

I could be wrong but trying to force the sale of the entire rig in one shot to one person could be tough.

15. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

No need to be a smartass, here, sir. I simply stated that if you DID decide to split it up, I WOULD'VE bought one of your 2x10's, but after this little escapade, I'll pay twice as much before I buy it from you.

There is no need for rudeness when I make a simple statement.

Good luck selling your rig.

16. Ty

I would like to apologize to you, if you took my comments for being rude. I wanted to wait a couple of days before responding to your latest reply. I’ve learned in life that sometimes a little time to think about things, before you engage in them can be most beneficial. When you said “I
    could be wrong, but I have a feeling you'll have a very difficult time selling the entire rig” I’m sure you were not trying to be rude were you? You also offered some information on how to resize a picture, to be able to post it. Then you added “Actual posting of the pictures requires nothing more than simply browsing your computer” You were not implying that I was computer illiterate were you? I really though I made it clear when I said “Sorry need to sell the entire rig”
    in a previous post. I also stated that I was having difficulty resizing, and posting pics. Not that I did not know how to, but that maybe there was server problems. I even asked the Moderator of this forum for some help. I also spoke with another Talk bass member in a private message about
    possible server problems. Another chatter responded “Then be realistic! Your chances of selling everything are better if you split it up.” When the reality is, my family is facing financial
    difficulty, and facing foreclosure on our home. I guess that was not being realistic enough. My wife, and I are doing are best to raise two active teenagers, and to see them succeed in life. Unfortunately gainful employment in this area is hard to come by. Before anyone chimes’ in and says “why not just move” we’ve done that once before when I lost my federal job. The area we live in now, that my wife, and I chose to raise our kids in has very good schools. Just a little advise for those of you thinking to bring a child into this world. If you are not completely committed to sacrificing everything you have, or own to the support in your children, then please don’t have any. Ty I assume that by your profile that you are attending Baylor University. Not everyone is as fortunate as you are. Are your parents helping you through college? Are you receiving any scholarships? Do you work part time to help pay for tuition? Maybe just maybe by the grace of God, my wife and I will see our children get through college. I have been independent since I was 16 years old, and my wife and I have never asked help from anyone. Not even from family. Im sorry if I’m not very articulate in my writing, and if I make grammar errors. I never finished high school. With all sincerity I wish you the absolute best in life’s endeavors.

May God bless you, and your family.

Brian Jones (a.k.a.) Chopper

17. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I believe that there are some apologies in order from my part as well, Brian. I was a bit hasty when I replied.

I'm going to pick your post apart one by one so maybe we can clear up any miscommunication. :)

Absolutely not. I'm simply telling you about what I've seen by being a member of this board for over 4 years. Most people here aren't looking to buy an entire bass RIG. Most people are just looking to either add to their current rig or experiment with something new.

Again, no rudeness or implying that you were computer illiterate. I suppose that I didn't explain myself clearly enough.

Most of the problems that sellers face when trying to post pictures stems from the fact that the pictures they have (usually from a digital camera) are much too large to be posted on the TalkBass server. Additionally, most casual computer users DON'T know how to resize pictures. I posted instructions or resizing, especially since you said yourself that you had difficulties resizing. When I said "Actual posting of the pictures requires nothing more than simply browsing your computer," I was stating that to actually upload the picture to the TalkBass server (AFTER you've resized them) requires you to do nothing but find where you saved the picture that you previously resized using the "Manage Attachments" and "Browse" buttons at the bottom of every reply page.

This is, again, JUST my opinion. I've been a member of TalkBass for over 4 years and I've seen *A LOT* of gear moved through these forums. My experiences (which is what I was trying to pass on to you) is that you can sell PIECES of your gear for *MUCH* more than you can sell the entire rig. You're facing financial difficulties, yet you've already dropped your price $300 from your original asking price. I can almost GUARANTEE that you can get more selling your rig piece by piece than you will get trying to sell it all at once, either on eBay or on here.

I can't say that I know what you're going through on that one because I simply don't. I understand that you do need money NOW, but as I've said twice before already, you're going to get a lot further trying to sell it piece by piece.

As for the part about going to Baylor, I am receiving scholarships, my parents are helping me through college, and I have a 48 hour a week job working in a tire factory over the summer. I hope and pray that you WILL be able to get your children through college in one way or another.

Again, I'm very, very sorry for the miscommunication that we seemed to have had. We both meant nothing but the best by our posts, but once again the impersonality of the internet seems to have impeded our progress.

18. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

At this point, there are at least three people interested in the major individual pieces from this rig. I'm looking for a WT-300 myself. It seems to me that the "no shipping" stipulation is a bigger deal breaker than the "all or nothing" one.

Best of luck with your tough situation in any case.