1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Rig popping and cutting out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kapellas, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Kapellas

Kapellas

Dec 2, 2010
    Flint, Mi
    Hey all,

I bought my 1997 Eden traveler and 1x12 used from my professor a few months back and I love it! But recently if I have it on for a while it begins to pop and cut out, almost as if someone is unplugging and plugging back in the instrument cable. I was wondering if any of you could shine some light on what might be happening? Could the tube in it be going dead? Probably has never been changed.

Thank you guys!

Kosta

2. tube could be the problem - also make sure the effect send/returns on the amp are clean.

3. DrayMiles

DrayMiles

Feb 24, 2007
    East Coast
    The tube or the bulb in the tweeter maybe?

4. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    could be the tube, could be dirty contacts, could be bad solder joints as in this case (see post 15)

Start by cleaning all the contacts with Deoxit, and replacing the tube. if it still does it, then it it probably time for a tech.

5. +1.

6. Kapellas

Kapellas

Dec 2, 2010
    Flint, Mi
    You guys are the best, Thank you!

7. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
  8. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    When it cuts out, do the lights stay on? If they blink off too, I'd suspect a loose power cable.

9. Kapellas

Kapellas

Dec 2, 2010
    Flint, Mi
    Hey guys,

I switched the tube out and cleaned the contacts and my Eden is working fine again. Thank you for all of your help!