Eden Road Runner 600 and Bag End 2x12? Help?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ModestCargo, Jan 17, 2006.

1. About a month ago I finally just went and ordered a Bag End 2x12" 4 ohm cabinet, thinking that when I got it I'd go shopping for used heads...

Well, before I even got the Bag End, I found a David Eden Road Runner 600 head for half the price of new, that sounded AWESOME through a Bag End 1x12" (the only Bag in the store with a twelve in it).

But it appears this amp is designed to run either mono bridged 600w into 8 ohms or stereo with two 4 ohm loads, 300w per side

My question is, would it be okay to run it off only one side and have only one four ohm load? I just wanna make absolutley sure here... I know I'll be only getting 300w of the power but that's plenty and I can always add another 2x12" (or two 1x15"s, or a 4x10" etc etc).

Anyone know?
  2. Running one side of that head is fine. I have a couple of buddies that run one side of their 800's into a small cab for smaller gigs all the time (you might want to email Eden just to get the full scoop though).

However, obviously, this isn't optimal, since you are not really taking advantage of the total output of the head. If you like the sound of your 600, save your pennies and trade it in on a new WT550.... it's significantly smaller and lighter than the 600, has basically the same preamp, and puts out around 550 watts into 4ohms.
  3. Thanks man...

I emailed eden and they also said it would be fine with just the 4 ohm load on the one side. I realize it isn't optimal but it's fine for now considering the size of gigs I will be doing and with the idea that later on when I do decide to add more cabinets I'll still have the bi-amp option.