Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Scratch & Dent, good deal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wxp4759cb, Jun 10, 2002.

1. boobinga

boobinga

Feb 9, 2001
    Pacific NW
    It isn't an XLT, or at least it doesn't look like mine. So to me it would be less desirable. Personally, I wouldn't buy it. You could get 2 Aguilar 12s for about the same price. A no brainer, imo.

2. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I don't really like Eden personally (I have an Aguilar 2x12). If its not an XLT then it probably isn't as good. I couldn't tell from the picture. All I knew was it was a D series.

3. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Looks like the D-410T to me. I have never tried one but i think that due to the cabinet having no ports the power handling would be lower and the low end responce would be less. Hang on here you go- http://www.eden-electronics.com/410T.html

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It looks like a T.

Even though a 410XLT looks better on paper I've been in situations where a 410T works perfectly. Tighter than an XLT.

5. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    That's not a very good price for a D-410T though...

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    True... forgot to mention that.

7. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    Cab in question is a 410T, it is rear ported. I paid 300 for mine used in mint condition.

8. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I picked up a used D-410XLT in VG condition for $499...

Try eBay or Bassgear.com

9. for that money you could have 2 Avatar 410s...:D

10. i own a cabinet just like that actually. brad was right when he said that is is tighter than the xlt. i a/b'd it against the xlt when i bought it, and chose the regular 4x10 with the rear port because you can hear the true sound of the cabinet close up, meaning it doesn't throw like the xlt. to me, the xlt sounded mushy close up and the regular 4x10 sounded like a little canon. i'm planning on getting a 2x10 to add to it.

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    No, I'd say that's a mediocre deal rather than a sweet deal. You can pick those up used for way less and then there's the XLT...