Eden Semi-Parametric EQ

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChildOfSilentAge, Nov 28, 2000.

1. ChildOfSilentAge

Nov 27, 2000
    I recently picked up an eden Metro, and im rather confused by the Semi Parametric Eq on the tube preamp channel. All you eden users out there, what do you have your EQ settings on? I normally play rock, with a bit of jazz and slap in there. And also, whats that knob in the back of the cabinet do? Sorry, im a bit of a newbie in amps...
  2. dont have one, but i'm pretty sure that the knob on the back of the amp is the tweeter setting. If you're not sure what the tweeter is, its the little horn inbetween the two speakers. its for high feq. like slaping and stuff like that. Mess wiht that and see where you like it set.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I have the poor man's Metro, with the Eden WT-300 head. It has the same EQ section as Channel 2 on your Metro. I run the amp almost flat on the level controls, with the frequency controls at about 8 o'clock on bass, 9 to 11 o'clock on mid, and 12 o'clock on treble. However, if you run the level controls all straight up (no boost, no cut), it doesn't matter what your frequency settings are. If I want some bottom (and I always do), I give the bass shelf one click of boost. A click of treble shelf boost gives crispness to the tone. A little mid boost at about 750 hz is good for fretless. Just remember, one or two clicks of boost is a lot on an Eden amp.
  4. VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Before you try adjusting anything with an Eden product recalibrate the knobs by turning them all the way to the left and make sure all the indicator lines on the knobs themselves are at the same angle.

Eden should be using indext shafts and knobs, but this only takes a few minutes to check out.
  5. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    On my WT-800 I have everything except enhance, bass, and low mid flat, I boost those 3 though. I can't remember what frequency I'm boosting on the mid, it's somewhere between 9 and 12 o'clock. My bass and low mid are a few clicks boosted (3 on bass and 2 on low mid I think) and my enhance is a little under 9 o'clock.

Did your amp come with a manual? The one I got with mine gave suggestions on how to eq, no examples though. Also, the knob on the back is a tweeter control, if you turn it all the way down it turns the tweeter off, straight up 12 is flat, and everything above that is a boost. I run the tweeter on my 410XLT around 2-3 o'clock.