Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden series vs. nemesis series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman60, Jun 30, 2002.

1. bassman60

bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    Is it true that the eden and nemesis series cabs both use the same speakers just different materials for the cabinet itself?? Would this mean they would sound the same, just that one is more durable than the other??

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've got a hunch Nemesis uses stamped-frame speakers as opposed to cast-frame like Eden. Eden uses stamped-frame speakers in the CXC amps. I've played Nemesis, and bought SWR instead (although my main rig is Eden). I think the CXC stuff, slightly more expensive, is worlds better than Nemesis.

3. Even though we create speakers to handle so many watts, in terms of acoustic watts and the actual stress created by the vibration of the coil, I don't see much difference between a stamp frame and a cast frame other than the cost of manufacture. We are not talking about an engine part here. Just think of the truss braces used in houses and floors - they are stamped and not cast. If you are into hitting your cabs and speakers with a sledge hammer or hammer, yeah the cast frames make a difference as opposed to the stamped ones

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    A cast frame resonates much more richly in the overtones.

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've got a Nemisis 4x10 cab which sounds alright, but it does not sound like an Eden 4x10.

The Nemisis is really light. It weighs the same as my Eden 2x10 (35kg, i guess thats about 70lbs).

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    They sounds great, but not Eden great.

FWIW: My Nemesis 2-10 combo (cab plus amp)weighs slightly less than my Eden 210XST.

Peace
    Nick