Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden setup question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vegaas, May 14, 2004.

1. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Hey all,
    I posed these questions to Munji, the man when it comes to Eden setups, and I am awaiting his words of wisdom.
    As I wait, I would like to pose these questions to everyone else as well.
    I just got and Eden WT 600 head. I am about to buy and Eden 4X10XLT that is 8 ohms. I am keeping my Ampeg 1x15 to use as my bottom, that is also 8 ohms. The question, how do I set this up on the Eden? There are the 2 4 ohm outputs for left and right. There is the 8 ohm bridged output. And there is a hi output and a low output. I am completely confused on how to output to my 2 cabs.
    Also, I play in two bands. A pop/rock band, and a metal band. This question is for the metal band. We tune to dropped B. Will the XLT be able to handle ouputing those low frequencies?
    Thanks for any help,
    Vegaas

2. You could run the amp in dual channel mode, with the L output going to the 410 XLT, and the R output to the 115. Then, use the balance control to blend the output of each cabinet. This way, each cabinet is receiving the full range of your bass.

...or...

You could run the crossover feature, run the high output to the 410, and the low output to the 115, and blend using the crossover freq control. This way, the mids - highs are going to the 410 and the lows are going to the 115.

The only way to see which option will sound best to you, is to try each configuration and let your ears decide.

I would not recommend trying to bridge the amp and run the two cabs in parallel (resulting in a 4 ohm load for the amp).

I personally run my WT600 in bridged mode, to a single 8 ohm SWR Goliath III. It sounds like chocolate ice cream. (((mmm))) :hyper: :)

Ok Moneyblinga, what is your recommendation for vegaas and his new rig?

3. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    If you go by the specs, I don't think so, but let your ears be the judge. Is the XLT a sure thing or can you opt for an XST?
    An Acme B4 would get you there, but you don't have enough amp.

I agree with Bimplizkit. The WT600 is a great amp for a single 8 ohm cab, or for a pair of 4 ohm cabs, but you might come up short of power into two 8 ohm cabs.

Why not try the XLT by itself with bridged power. If you still need the Ampeg 15 for the lows, then maybe you could buy a separate power amp for it, and DI out from the WT600.

4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Run'em parallel. 8 + 8 = 4

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yep....mine had zero problems with those freq's. However, if you want to rattle peoples brains, and cause vomiting.....find a different cab.

-Mike

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego