1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden Silver series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Apr 29, 2006.

1. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Search Nemesis. They are pretty nice if you can't afford a real Eden it's a nice compromise.

2. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    They're for real. I haven't owned one, but have played through the 2x8 and 1x12 models. They sound like Eden / Nemesis gear. Just less watts and fewer features.

I would like them better if they were lighter, but that's just me. The sound is wonderful, really.

Play one to try it out if you can.

Liam

3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I own the WT and Nemesis, stayed away from silver. Was steered away by a respected dealer when looking for a practice amp.
    Edens ugly stepchild IMO. A few good reviews, a few.
    I'd save the extra couple hundered up and go w/ Nemesis.

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Bought a Silver Series 1x12 and return it the next day. Could not keep up for rock rehersal and we play at moderate volumes. Maybe good for jazz or blues, but not rock...

5. yeah, i've been looking at those for a while...very cool amps...plus cool colors too :)

6. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I tried this model, and wasn't impressed either. It sounded positively thin and weak compared to the Roland Cube 100, which I bought. I'd stay away from the Silver Series as a result, but the Nemesis line is very good. I prefer the 2x10 combo to the 1x15, but either is a solid bet.

7. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    The only Nemesis I've played was my friend's 4x10 combo, I played a gig through it and it sounded terrible, couldn't cut through at all, whatever I did with the EQ. Just sounded thin and lifeless... Much prefer my Trace :)