Eden speakers came in what other cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DavidEdenAria, Jan 13, 2015.

1. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    Just curious because I have a 2x10 Eden Metro and am considering an extension cabinet.

Do any other brand of cabinets have the early Eden speakers as in my 1997 Metro 2x10 besides Eden itself?

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    SWR is the only brand I know of for sure, but I'm fuzzy on whether eden was making the old swr goliath cabinets or the cabinets AND the drivers...

3. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

AFAIK, the speakers in Eden cabs were proprietary (in house). Now I think Eminence makes them for the Eden cabs but don't think that you will find them in any other cab manufacturer.

If you need another cab, I would suggest a used 8 ohm D210xst. Or if you need something bigger, a used 4 ohm D410xlt. That way, all the drivers get the same amount of power. Your amp is capable of driving a 2 ohm load.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  4. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    The early—mid '90s SWR goliath II rear-ported 410 cabs were built by Eden and had PAS drivers. These drivers are a characteristic grayish color. I think maybe Eden still used the same drivers into the later '90s.

5. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    The Mesa 1516be came with a 10" Eden.

6. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
  7. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    Paradise speakers briefly

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021