Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden/Sunn/EA conundrum

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tubster, Jul 2, 2004.

1. tubster

tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    Have:
    Sunn 300T
    Eden 410XLT (8 ohm)
    Eden 800 WT
    EA CX112 (8 ohm)

history....Had been using WT800 bridged and 410XLT
    Sunn 300T and EA just came up as could not ignore such 'sparkling' deals. Main gig rig -Sunn 300T and XLT - seems great now (might add a 15"!)

Problem....Eden and EA 112. Thought this would be OK as a "small rig". Ugh... low volume or major farting at practice levels at 800 watts!

So, sell one or other of the above and create new mini-rig or dump both and get a combo, or.....? Should I just sell the whole lot and do a total re-think?

It is Classic Rock and Motown etc. All help appreciated.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    For Motown, I say keep the Eden stuff and sell/tweak/barter the rest of the gear.

3. tubster

tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    Thanks for the suggestion

It's the Sunn that seems to warm everything up (ha ha) and make the mids in the XLT tolerable so despite its weight, I shall hang onto it.

4. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I've found that reguardless of who makes the 112 cab, it just physically can only produce so much volume without beginning to distort. Headroom helps but it just can't overcome the laws of physics. Try a 2-10 cab. I've had great results using a SWR Goliath JR. (8 ohms) and my SM-400S bridged or my Mesa M-Pulse 600 for a small rig. Good volume and punch.

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Keep the Sunn, whatever you do. Add an Acme Low B2. Send the 12 to me.[​IMG]