Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden & SWR, Nice Blend

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boogiebass, Jul 25, 2002.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Played a 4 set gig last night with an Eden WT800 and SWR Goliath III. Quite a good combination. The natural warmth of the Eden was offset very well by the clarity and top-end of the SWR. With my Modulus Q6, the result was good detail and a solid low-end. Fatter sounding than an all SWR rig and cleaner than an all Eden. Might have to roll out this setup the next time the Modulus goes out...

2. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    For some reason, I've never gotten around to trying an SWR head on Eden cabs...

3. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I played a gig last night with a borrowed WT-800 powering my Goliath III Jr. 2x10 and it was by far the best tone I've ever gotten from the cab. With a little bit of enhance, bass/mid boost and treble cut I was able to really fatten the sound and dial out the high-end harshness of the horn.

I was playing my Cirrus fretless 5 in an outdoor plaza with a full Latin jazz band (drums, congas, sax/flute, vocals, keys). I ran the Jr. off of one side of the WT-800 (good for ~250 watts) with a standard 1/4" cable, and I had it sitting on its side (the tall way) on top of my (unplugged) SOB 1x15.

I wasn't even running through the PA but the bass had a really rich tone with good projection. Even when I laid into the low B the compressor and power amp limiters never came on with the master set at 11:00.

Granted, the band was not particularly loud-we were playing for the downtown Friday night family crowd-but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the cab I've been planning to sell sounded so good with the Eden.

When I added the SOB to the mix on the other side of the amp it sounded great full range. It was even better sounding and noticeably louder when biamped-I think the crossover eliminates phase differences that happen when the 10's and 15 are reproducing the same frequencies. I think I'm gonna pounce on the new WT-550 as soon as it comes out!