Eden Time Traveler - Help, Please!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zoom, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Zoom

Mar 31, 2002
    Does ANYONE own, or have experience with this amp?
    I'm trying to get some opinions about this amp, compared to a WT-400.

2. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    The only thing about them I know is that the WT-400 has a tube in the preamp and the Time Traveler does not.
  3. extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    The WT-400 also has slightly more power (400W vs. 330W) and a much more flexible EQ (semi-parametric) although Eden put alot of work into making the Time Traveler's EQ very useful and musical (complements a jazz-style bass very well).

The Time Traveler does allow you to dial some grit into your tone whereas the the WT-400 stays fairly clean. There are some other minor differences as well...look up 'williebee'; he knows the ins and outs of the Time Traveler stuff (as well as any Eden gear).
  4. LizzardTom

Mar 16, 2002
    Hey Zoom, I have an Eden Time Traveler 110 combo. I love this little amp. I have no experience with the WT-400, so I can't compare them. I use my TT with both EUB and bass. For a solid state amp it has a lot of warmth yet very Hi-FI sounding. The EQ is great, although I run it flat. There is also a mid shift feature and notching. I also like the enhance feature in the EQ section. The compressor is great, and very quiet. It has an effects loop, tuner and head phone out and XLR DI. Other features are a mute switch, adjustable overdrive, bass and treble boost. Along with my Eden CXM 112 the amp puts out 330 watts. The unit that I have is built like a tank, but light weight with a handle on top. All around a great amp for small to medium gigs.:)
  5. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    FWIW, I have owned and gigged with a WT400 for several years and have come to the following conclusion: it is a GREAT amp. Weight, tone, flexibility, you name it. My favorite in the Eden line. I also own a WT800 (which is basically two 400's in stereo).
  6. Zoom

Mar 31, 2002
    WT-400 --- Time Traveler

Does Eden provide LEDs to let you know if you're clipping the pre-amp, and power-amp sections?

Have you all been satisfied with the reliability of your Eden gear?

Those with the WT-400;
    Is it quiet?
    How often do you find yourselves replacing the tube?
  7. LizzardTom

Mar 16, 2002
    Yes, my Time traveler has a clip LED and I am very happy with my Eden gear.
  8. Zoom

Mar 31, 2002
    Hey LizzardTom,
    The clip LED is for the pre-amp section?

Is there one for the power-amp also?

Are those LEDs located near the compression knob?
    (I've only got fuzzy photos to go by).

How long have you had your TT?

What kind of music are you playing?

9. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    A. Yes
    B. Totally
    C. Very
    D. Never, preamp tubes often last for the life of the equipment. Under normal use, you should not need to replace the preamp tube.
  10. LizzardTom

Mar 16, 2002
    The clip LED is next to the pre amp gain knob.
    There is no amp clip LED.
    I've had my Eden TT for about 1-2 months.
    Blues and jazz with electric bass and an Azola bug bass.