1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Time Traveler - Suggestions for something smaller?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ron Earp, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Ron Earp

Ron Earp

Aug 24, 2018
    Cary, NC
    I picked up a used older Eden Time Traveler comb amp and have been using this for my bass studies. The amp was local, price was great, but I didn't think about the size and more importantly how loud this amp can be.

Fast forward a year and it's clear the amp takes up quite a bit of space in my limited area and has to be operated at a very low volume in our music room as to not drive my wife crazy. It's not small and at around 75 lbs a bit more than I need to handle on my own.

I'm thinking I need a smaller practice amp since that's essentially all I'm doing at this point, practicing and occasionally playing with a friend of mine at his house or mine.

Recommendations? I'd like to not spend a fortune, the Eden cost me $400 and works great, love the sound, but rarely get to use it for what it can do.

2. Used Fender Rumble will be much lighter and less expensive.

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
  4. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Can the amp itself be easily removed so you can use it with a smaller cabinet? You can do that with some combos - not sure about that Eden model though.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018