Eden Time Traveler

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by beachgeddy, Jul 22, 2001.

1. beachgeddy

Jul 11, 2001
    Muskegon, MI
    The Eden Time Traveler is a relatively new Eden amp. I tried it at the store through a huge mesa/boogie cab and it sounded sweet, warm. Lots of buttons (as opposed to lots of knobs) for different sounds. It is rated at 330 watts, 4 ohms. I have a cab that is 410, 350 watts rms @4 ohms, which I think I will take to the store to try with it. This head is somewhat lower priced than any Eden head I have seen, so I would like to know does anyone here own this head, and how does it compare with the other Eden heads?
  2. beachgeddy

Jul 11, 2001
    Muskegon, MI
    ok . . . who has an Eden head and suspects that the Time Traveler is just a budget model so that po' folks can have the 'name' in their rig? I guess the only major difference between this and the others is more push-buttons and less knobs, which really still gives enough EQ options for me. there was also a WT-400 Traveler Plus at that store, for a few hundreds more, which I could probly swing, but the salesman seemed bent on selling me the Time Traveler (said he actually liked it better). hmm . . . just nervous about droppin cash ya know . . .
  3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I've played through the Time Traveller combo at BC, and it's pretty impressive to say the least. I'd like to hear it hooked up to a decent 410 cab to see how well it moved air though, the 110 cab in the combo don't handle much in the way of SPL. Sounds great at lower volumes though!
  4. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    ok, i'm not at all sure about this, but here's what i think. there used to be an eden wt300 (same as the 400 but less watts). i think the time traveller is coming out to replace that, and then the whole WT line will be updated from the bottom up. i'm not sure if the eden amp line has ever been tweaked - i was looking at a bass player mag from 1993 the other day, and the WT800 was the same then as it is now...swr has updated some things since then, especially cabs. again, just conjecture.
  5. phil_chew

Mar 22, 2000
    Just goes to show - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Not many amp manufacturers can say that.
  6. beachgeddy

Jul 11, 2001
    Muskegon, MI
    Who knows how much moola the WT300 went for?
  7. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    The WT300 was going for $700-730 but Some places have had blowouts on them.I found an NOS WT300 made in 1994 for $299 in May.
  8. Are you buying an amp that will impress your friends or are you buying an amp that you like? If you like the amp who cares if it's a budget model?
  9. beachgeddy

Jul 11, 2001
    Muskegon, MI
    well . . . hmm lets see . . . I dont have any friends, so that cant be it . . . no just thought I'd ask if anyone could speak positively of this particular model, even tho it's only been out a few months . . . anyways I went back today and bought the mofo yes I dont care what NOOOBODDY says I LIKE IT . . . I'll play out with it tomorrow night and am most happy to say I anticipate a most beautimous experience