Eden tone

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Metallkasten, May 28, 2003.

1. Would and eden 410 (either) produce a decent sound for rock applications? What genre would it sound best for?
  2. Nope.
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ignore him :rolleyes:....

Ask Brendan.....
  4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Better yet...do a search...this has been discussed a lot...
  5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    I think so, in faact i know so.
    Eden made the original goliath cabinets for swr. Eden's 410T and swr's goliath were similar to the 1st design and to each other.
    I used an original swr goliath cab built by eden for years and found it was an excellent rock cabinet with tons of cut and punch and pretty decent low end
    Used goliath 2s and Eden 410Ts usually sell for about $400
    Reconing should run you about $200 (i had eden recone mine after i bought the cab used.
    There have been many improvements by several companies in 410 design but the goliath 1&2 and the 410T are still excellent cabinets
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    If you are considering an Eden 4x10, be sure to check out both the XLT and the XST. To my ears, the two sound a good bit different, and while some prefer one over the other (I'm an XST fan, myself:D ), it's important to keep in mind that Eden offers you two fairly distinct sounding 4x10's.

Of course, my favorite Eden cab is the 212XLT, though the T-210XST would be close...