Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden, Trace, QSC, Genz, Fender

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by permagrin, Nov 7, 2005.

1. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Hey gang, a few amps and cabs. Prefer local deal, but can ship if necessary:

QSC RMX2450, mint. I bought this from a buddy who bought it new but never used it once. This summer I used it 3x for some outdoor shows, and each time I only used one channel at 8 ohms. Plenty of juice for power hungry cabs, or doing damage to weak structures :bassist: see www.qscaudio.com for specs. $400 -SOLD

Trace Elliot GP7 AH350SM, cosmetically fair condition, works just fine. I got this from Planet Boulder earlier this year, he told me that the mute didn't work :confused: , and the DI plug had fallen into the amp. The mute has functioned perfect for me :meh: , and I've re-attached the DI to the front panel, it too works just fine. I used it at full volume twice at rehersal, the rest of the time this amp has resided at my guitarist's house so I wouldn't have to drag an amp over there, so it's only been used at low volume. Tons of tone shaping, etc. Oh and the dates on the inside of the amp date it to mid-'95. $325 -SOLD

Fender BXR400, very good condition. Always been racked, I bought this new in '90 and it was pretty much the only amp I used for anything that counted for the next 12 or so years. Honestly, it took me about 3 years to really be able to dial it in - there's bass and treble boost, 11-band eq, and crossover freq selector for biamping - but once I got it down I could dial in anything I wanted in no time, whatever the room, fretted/fretless, you get the idea. It's been so good to me I hang onto it, but honestly with all the Eden gear I've been accumulating I really don't need her anymore. It's got two channels, each 100W @ 8 ohm, 200W @ 4 ohm, but feels much more powerful than that. It went in twice, once for each channel to replace some fried transitors. And I lent it to a gui**** once who yanked the third prong (friggin idiot) so the power cord was also replaced on one of those two trips to my tech. Sorry for the novel, but a great amp, let's say $200. -SOLD

Eden D212XLT, excellent. Phenomenal sounding cab, similar character to the 210XLT but smoother and deeper. Best sounding cab I own or have ever owned, only selling 'cause I got a new one. This one is 8 ohm, 400W power handling. $400

Genz-Benz GB12T, excellent. Got this from another TBer as well but don't recall who. Very nice full all-around tone to it, good low freq response, mostly used it under the Trace amp over at my guitarist's house. $150 -SOLD

Paypal preferred, only trades would be on the chance someone has a nice 5-string and we can put a deal together.... I'm pretty set on amps and cabs.

Thanks. I can email pics of most of these (I doubt I have any of the Fender, but if someone makes me I can do it).

Edit: Thanks! to Ampod, FunkyCarnivore, and a local guy here in LA, only thing left is the Eden 212.

2. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Since you didn't respond to my pm, here's a reply: what series is the 112T, Live Series or Neo?

3. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    permagrin, your name looks familiar. You might have bought that GB12T off of me, if that's the model name. I used to have a pair of them. Sold one on TB, on on the 'bay.

To my knowledge, there was the GB12T, followed by the LS 112, then the Neo (whatever it's actual designation is).

K

4. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I need to edit the top post... the Genz is indeed a GB 12T, and if I picked it up in from you in Irvine K-Frog, then yeah, that was me, thanks again!

And sorry not to get back to you yesterday Snarf, I replied to your email this morning when I got in.

Also, my access to the web has been off and on lately, probably best to email me: jeff.bruin@uclalumni.net

I took some photos of all this stuff last night, if you pm'd me asking for photos I appreciate your patience, I'll get to all of them by the end of the day, I promise! Thanks, Jeff

5. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    I guess it wasn't me, I shipped both of mine, no in-person pick up. I can vouch for that model of cabinet anyway. I liked mine.

6. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    PMs replied to, pics sent out. Lots of inquiries but everything is still at my house, deal pending on the Trace and Genz, thanks again for all the interest.

7. swood127

swood127

Oct 26, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    what year is the eden cab? I am looking for something pre-washburn (pre-1996 or older.)

8. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    The Trace Elliot amp and Genz cab are both gone!

swood, not sure how old the Eden cab is, I'm the second owner and I believe the guy I bought it from told me '98, but I'd have to check serial numbers to be sure.

9. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Checked with Eden, the 212XLT was born in March, 1998.

10. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    My ever-faithful Fender also sold. QSC amp and Eden cab still available, thanks guys.

11. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    btt

12. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    QSC is sold. Wouldn't have figured the Eden would be last to go....

13. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA

and if it weren't christmas, it would be gone too :(