Eden Tube heads on ebay! 1K!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Hi.

As I've understood Eden warranties are only good when dealing directly with Eden dealers.

Without goin' into too much detail, do a search ;).

Regards
    Sam

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I thought the regular price on the E-300T WAS $1000...and this Ebay dealer is an Eden dealer. At least that's what the ad says.

3. Hi.

Oh, how I suck in reading comprehension, my bad, skipped that first line.

Apologies.

Regards
    Sam

4. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    "Wouldn’t it be cool if you could replace a single tube if it failed or broke, instead of the entire set? And wouldn’t it be even cooler if you could fine-tune your bias setting for each tube quickly and easily every time you played? So you could have your perfect bias setting every time you turned the amp on? With the E300T, you can do both without the huge service bill. You’re welcome."

Now how the fawq is that possible!?

5. Hi.

Chinguschild, ther's a separate bias test point and a trimmer potentiometer for every tube to measure and adjust the bias, sort of. Now if there was some place that would tell what the millivolt reading should be, that would be great. In TB You can find the info with a bit of searching ;). (cough, Fame BVH300, cough)

They also conveniently "forget" to mention the amps origins ;).

Now don't get me wrong, the amp itself is GREAT, I rehearse and gig with one weekly. It's just the damn secrecy and downright lying that annoys the crap out of me.

Regards
    Sam

6. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    Thanks for the info. I almost thought maybe it rebaised itself like the Markbass amp. I really want to here these EDEN tube heads since i love their solid state stuff so much but for a tube head I would kill for a Markbass 300 or SVT-VR.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    That's retail, Bobby. The street price has always been $1000.

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    $825 BIN on da bay now.

9. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    And I had the pleasure to try one out about 2 weeks ago. With no overdrive dialled, it sounds pretty solid state, but as you increase gain, it sound very smooth and warm. It's a nice amp, but not quite, IMO, in the Fender 300 pro or SVT CL's outstanding tones.

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    From the Eden forum, posted by an employee:

Duff2, appearances can be deceiving. The E300T is David's design. I know, because I was there for a lot of the development. I'm responsible for the Mid Shift, for instance. David and I spent a lot of time playing with EQ setups, etc.

On the other hand, David once mentioned that there are basically three main designs for tube amps... what most people call Fender, Marshall, and Vox. He said the pretty much everything since is based at least loosely on one of these, then modified.

The VT300 is a co-design with Koch. David took their design and modified it in several areas (with a strong non-compete, non-disclosure).

Keep Thumpin',

Lane Baldwin
    Special Projects Coordinator,
    Artist Relations & Forum Moderator

and a follow up:

Guys... this is a straw man argument. The E300T is NOT a rebadged anything. It's DAVID's work. I was there. I was part of the design team. I am responsible for specific things on that amp, such as the mid shift, and the EQ points themselves. (I screamed and yelled until David agreed to do our standard EQ points instead of changing them.) I was responsible for the way the Overdrive works. I'm the one who beat the tar out of the various prototypes.

Sometimes I swear there is more MISinformation on TB concerning Eden than facts.

Keep Thumpin',

Lane Baldwin
    Special Projects Coordinator,
    Artist Relations & Forum Moderator

11. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hmm... Anything which raises flags is not good...

12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I thought it was more like $1149 or $1199. At least that's what I've seen em marked at in the past.

13. Hi.

IIRC Duff2 posted that question after yet another eden E300T thread took the turn for the worst. It's rather old reply, from last August or so IIRC. Since then NO-ONE has provided any inside pics about E300T and there's been at least two threads asking for them. Plus the one recent request thread.

Two TBers have told me that the innards look exactly the same as the pics of the Ashton and Fame, but that obviously doesn't prove anything. And the pics by themselves don't either. The same basic layout can be used to produce all sorts of different tone-stacks.

A TB search will result a pre amp schematic I traced from the BVH300. Comparing that with the E300T will happen sometime. I will trace the power amp as well when I have the time. In fact I promised to do that early this year but I have been unable to fulfill my promise.

I couldn't care less either way, even if they weren't the same, almost twice the price isn't justified IMO.

Regards
    Sam

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021