Eden users---need cab advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chubrocker, Aug 24, 2009.

1. chubrocker

chubrocker

May 6, 2006
    KCMO
    Fruitlabor and I just traded amps (he's a GREAT guy, btw) I'll be getting his Eden WT300 with a 2x10 Peavey cab. The cab is 4 ohms, and I'll most likely sell the cab to get two 8 ohm cabs. I'm curious what some of you Eden users have for cabs. Eden cabs are an obvious, but I'm looking to maybe getting two 1x12 cabs. Aguilar cabs match-up OK with the WT300? Epifani? I'm not a brand snob, so I've looked at two Avatar 1x12s as well. Any suggestions or insights are appreciated.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    If you like it old school, but with definition, look into the Genz Uber cabs. I'll bet a single 4 ohm Uber 212 would kill with that head.

3. chubrocker

chubrocker

May 6, 2006
    KCMO
    "Old school with definition" is prolly a good description of what I'm looking for.

4. I just got an Eden WT-400 to use with my Berg AE410. It sounds thick and juicy!! Maybe you should look into two Berg AE112's?

5. chubrocker

chubrocker

May 6, 2006
    KCMO
    Bergantino and Aguilar were my first choices. There is a part of me wondering if I would really notice a lot of tonal difference if I got two Avatar 1x12s (colored tolex with grill clothe). I could get two new Avatars for just a bit more than the price of a new Berg AE112. I've wanted a professional grade cab for years tho....

6. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    I used to use my WT-400 to drive either a D410XLT or a D212XLT (they were 4 ohm boxes so I could only use one cabinet with the head), or both boxes if I used another power amp. GREAT sound on a big stage with a loud band. Smaller stages or lower volumes I tended to prefer the 2x12, while the 4x10 worked better on louder gigs.

I used the amp with a pair of Euphonic Audio VL-208s for small gigs, but that was a bit too "polite" sounding for me. Right now it's an Avater SB112 underneath one of the E/A VL-208's and I really like the sound of that rig!

John

7. fjbass78

fjbass78

Jun 21, 2007
    Indiana
    Berg cabs sound good with just about anything. I have a WT800, and i hook that up to 2 Berg HT112. I love the Berg and Eden thing.

Munjibunga likes this.
  8. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    I use a Epifani UL-410 with my Eden WT300, and it sound sweet. Super bassy sound, but with definition.

9. Brim

Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    I play my 5-string Dingwall ABII through a WT550 & a single D210XST 4-ohm. Killer mini-rig. I have yet to play a gig that it didn't have enough power.

10. nella

nella

Sep 29, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I have a WT-300 and enjoy it through an Acme B2 (4ohm). It's everything I want/need in a total package that's plenty loud, plenty of tone, and easy to transport.

11. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I usually use two bergs (see sig) and one aguilar to add a little growl. bergs are clearer in the highs and smooth round lows. aguilar growls a bit more and tweeter not as smooth. BTW I'm running three cabs because my WT550 can run lower than 4 ohms.

12. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

I have a pair of Eden D112XLT cabs. I usually use the Eden WTX-260 head, but I've also got a 550 in case I need more power. The WTX is fine with a single cab for smaller gigs. With the rock band I use both cabs, still with the WTX.

13. ipscwoody

ipscwoody Guest

D212XLT at 4 ohms if single cabinet.. Best stand alone cabinet Eden makes. If you want to add more later go with 8 ohms. Or trade the 300 for a 550 and go with a d212xlt (4) and a D112XLT (8). You will have approximately same power to all drivers and the option of running the 112 for small gigs/practice.

14. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I've used a 300/400T since '95. After using Eden cabs successfully for years, I've recently found Ag DB-112's. A pair of them w/an Eden head is a great sound, IMO. 1 also is an excellent stand-alone for small venues vs. other 12's I've used, including the 112XLT.

15. chubrocker

chubrocker

May 6, 2006
    KCMO
    Thanks. I'm currently using an Ag GS112. I would like another Ag to compliment it.

16. you mentioned avatar there. my setup for a long time was a WT330 head running into a 4ohm 2X10XST. that is a killer rig but i recently purchased an avatar 2x12 neo. running just the avatar there is alot of warmth (IMO) and still good definition of the high end if i want it, i usually roll off the treble when im playing though. good volume with just the avatar as well. now 2X10 sitting on top this little modular rig sounds huge! so ill throw my recommendation in for avatar, sounds very nice to my ears. the cost difference is just another bonus for me and not the reason i went with avatar

17. Wal Basser

Wal Basser

Jun 18, 2018
    I'm new here so if this is the wrong place plz let me know.. I have a Eden WT330 2x10 combo,that I got from a friend who passed away. It has a rattling sound by the top speaker. The speak is not blow and both move freely. I took the speaker out thinking something inside might be the cause. I did not find anything. One thing that i saw ,that i have never seen before is there was a small magnet on top of the big magnet,this was secured with a clamp across it.. I checked this the nuts were tight... I'm in a quandery now as to what is causing this rattle,It sounds like a cabinet rattle.. Thanx for any help :D

18. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    I use an Eden 2x10 XST and an active 5 bass.

19. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    One simple thing to look for is the speaker wires touching the cone itself - happens a lot and an obvious easy fix.

20. I’m using an 8ohm Eden cx210 cab with my wt300. I would like to add another 8 ohm cab.

Question, if running only a single 8ohm cab with this head is it not maximizing the output? Is a 4 ohm cab or 2 8ohm cabs required to maximize it?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021