Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden vs Aguilar Comparison (410)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DRN, Apr 21, 2004.

1. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    I had the unique opportunity to Ab (2) Eden 410 XLT's (I own these) and (2) Aguilar GS410's (borrowed)side by side during practice the other night. I ran the eq exactly the same for each cab and used a SWR SM900 and a SVT4pro to compare.

The Eden as i already knew where woofy with the low mid hump. The reason I was trying cabs was I am tired of the extra woofiness and extra unusable frequencies of the Eden.

The Aguilar cabinets suprised the hell out of me. They were really tight extremely punchy and well defined. No woof just clear punchy tone. They also move a boat load of air. My Edens do not move any air. At first i was wondering where the draft was coming from. My only problem with the Aguilar cabs was in the mix it got lost sometimes. With the Eden cabs I could here the notes better. (I did not like what I heard but I could hear it) I guess since I did not change the eq you could easily eq these cabinets for the live mix. They were awsome cabs and now I have serious GAS! Maybe time to sell the Eden cabs. Anyone interested they come with custom flight cases.

I have one more cab I want to try but I can not find a store locally that has one. I want to try the Ampeg PR 810H. Anyone have this cab?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I think its Eden's low-mid hump that sticks out in the mix more.

I have two Aggie 4x10's, and I love them. They are quite aggressive, yet don't have that frustrating Eden hump. Not as smooth as the Bergantino's, but I don't want smooth, I want aggressive, something that cuts through onstage. Perfect for me. Though if I ever switch from a rock gig to a jazz gig, the Bergies will be worth taking a look at.