Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Vs. Avatar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hetsscaryguy, Oct 30, 2004.

1. 1

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    ok whats your opinion on the following two cab combinations.

1. Eden 2x15 powered by fender 300w tube amp and Eden 1x12 and 2x10 powered by a GK 700RB-II

2. Eden 2x15 powered by fender as above and avatar 1x12 and 2x10 powered by the same GK

3. 2 avatar 1x15's powered by the fender and the avatar 1x1 and 2x10 powered by the GK

I cant decide which one i'd like more so i need some help, its going to be a while before i buy but i need o decide now so i can start workng towards this rig. The 2nd option is about €500 ($650) cheaper than the 1st but there is only a few euro difference between the 2nd and 3rd. I think the second might be a good option but i just want other opinions.

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Are you sure you can get Avatar in Ireland? Last I heard Avatar only sold to the states so Eden might be your only option, hope I'm wrong buddy! What kind of music do you play, what type of sound are you going for? It'll help us better assess what cabs will work best for you.

3. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    i play mostly rock (anyhting from thin lizzy to green day), metal (rage to metallica and slayer) and like a bit of blues and jazz. i dont like a very high tone sound and hence i like the idea of the 12 and 15's to get plenty of lows but i use distortion and wah and like a high response for the wah so i want the 10's for that.

i know i cant get avatar over here but im possibly going to the states next summer or if im not my relations live there and are always happy to take delivery of stuff for me and are happy to forward it on to me via UPS. so no problems there.

4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Kickass, sweet deal bro. Family's a beautiful thing when it's useful huh? It depends, in my mind, on how much the Avatars would cost for you to import, the shipping, any possible taxes or duties.... That would be the dealbreaker for me, if the price difference between the Avatars and the Edens wasn't all that big suddenly then the Edens would prolly be the better buy simply due to resale value. Just my thinking, someone more experienced will hopefully happen along.

5. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    i said there in the first post that the option of taking avatars instead of edens for the 1x12 and 2x10 works out at €500 ($650) cheaper than the eden 1x12 and 2x10 and that includes all taxes, shipping etc. But the cost of 2 avatar 1x15's works out at only about €80 ($100) cheaper than the edens so unless two avatar 15's will sound better than an eden 2x15 i dont see the point of the avatars thats why i need to make sure the eden is the better buy.

6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i would try just the 2x15 or 2 1x15's with the 300 watt amp 1st. unles you play insanely loud that should be all ya need. :cool:

7. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    hmmm. not a bad suggestion, might actully just get the gk with the 2x15 and then posssibly when the money is a bit better get a 2x10 eden and the 300w head. not for a good while though

8. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    sorry forget to add, does anybody have anything else to say, i really would like as much input here as possible.