1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden vs. Avatar???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ethompson2, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Right now I have an Eden 410xlt (4ohms 700watts handling) I am wanting to get something else to run with it. Its sounds good by itself but I need something that is gonna push some more air. Ive considered everything from getting a 210xst or 212xlt to go with it or even selling it and getting 610xlt as a standalone. Ive been really stuck on getting a 212 right now for some reason and Ive been looking hard at the Avatar 212s and Im really thinking about picking one up to see if I like it before I try and sell the Eden cab. Im curently running the 410xlt through an Eden WT800B amp which puts out 400 watts per side at 4 ohms and 800 watts brigded into 8 ohms so I cant really push the cab like its supposed to and I cant run it in bridge either cause I would be overpowering it. I could get 2 avatar 212 neos rated at 500 watts a piece for the price of one Eden cab and the power of my amp and the handling of the cabs would be matched up better. What do you guys think? Would 2 of these provide that ufm that Im looking for? Or should I just cough up the cash for another Eden cab?

2. This is becoming a very popular question.
    I sold my Eden 4x10xlt,BagEnd QDBX4x10 and replaced both with a Avatar 2x12 and 2x10 and I dont miss the weight and lack of bottom end in my opinion.I do miss the signature sound of the Eden but it got lost in the mix most of the time anyway and the Eden 4x10 weighs what both Avatar Cabs weigh together.
    Steve

3. Yea the Eden is pain to move around. I would like a cab with a little more bottom end and less wieght for sure...

4. I really like how much the Avatar 2x10 compliments the 2x12 they work excellent together and are very easy to move around,even a Avatar Neo 4x10 would be easier to move and is a better stand alone cab in my opinion than the Eden.
    I dont know how 2 Avatar 2x12s would sound but I do have a Aguilar GS-212 and I dont run both 2x12's together unless there are 10's in the mix with them.

5. Yea I may just go with the 210 and 212 from avatar. Would I be ok just getting both in 4ohms? Will the volume be pretty balanced if Im running the same power to both?

6. I prefer to have a 8ohm 2x10 and a 4ohm 2x12,when I was running both 4ohm cabs it seemd like the 10,s were working harder than the 12,s.
    With the 2x10 8ohm and the 2x12 4 ohm I get a 2.67 ohm load and it seems better balanced level wise also.
    If you get the 2x10 in 8ohm you also are leaving room to add another 8ohm 2x10 if you think you need or want to.
    Steve

7. Yea that is true but for me Im gonna be running both cabs off 2 seperate power amps one off each side of eden head which is 400 watts at 4 ohms per side. So I may be better to get both in 4 ohms so I get the most power out of each side. I just dont want one to be way louder then the other.

8. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    Get them both in 4ohms, that is why the WT800 has a balance knob.

9. Thats true I just thought of that after makeing that post.

10. +1
    Cab Impedance is definenetaly subject to your rig setup.

11. I went ahead and ordered a 212 neo from Avatar so if I like it I may be putting my Eden cab up for sale if anyone is interested let me know.

12. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    I think the 212neo Avatar cab is there best product in there line. I have played through a pair of them numerous times and was very pleased with the results.
    It is a much different tone then the Eden D410xlt.

13. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    How does the tone differ from the D410XLT? Also, have you tried the B410 Neo, and if so, how does it sound compared to the B212 Neo? Thanks!

14. I may just end up keeping the eden 410xlt and running both for the added low end. I dont know yet.

15. Well I got the Avatar 212 Neo in yesterday and I must I absolutely love the sound of it even at low volume. I would even venture to say it sounds better then Eden for whatever reason I just cant seem to get the 410XLT to sound the way I want. It's voiced with way too much mids and not enough low end and it seems even if I turn the tweeter all the way down or off even I cant get the crisp sound without it being too harsh sounding like I can with the avatar cab. so I think Im gonna sell it and pick up another 212 Neo so I can run them both.... :).