Eden vs. EA

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boogiebass, Apr 7, 2001.

1. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    WT400 or EAi600? Putting aside the differences in power, which gives you the richest tone? And with what bass? Thanks.
  2. I own an Eden WT-600. EA makes quality gear but my preference is Eden because they retain the natural sound of the bass (no unwanted coloration) while providing powerful but user friendly EQ which is a godsend for different live and acoustics situations. Have you tested them side by side? No matter what anyone else says, your ears will say what's best!
  3. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Interesting observations. My impressions of the Eden (which I own) is that it's rather less neutral than the EA. Of course, that can be a GOOD thing. Agree re: Eden EQ, it's a gigging bassist's friend, especially considering the variable rooms one encounters.

Feb 12, 2001
    My observation and a few others as well, is that the Eden does color your sound and isn't as natrual as it could be

while EA was natural, it still has a sort of processed sound

but man it's puncy as hell

5. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I'm with CodeComplete.Eden definitely has its own tone and is not completely neutral. Eden is less coloured than say, Ampeg or Ashdown, but still has it's own sound. Warm and clear are my terms. I have a WT-500 so obviously I like the Eden "tone".

As for EA I think it is more neutral, more transparent with less tonal coloration. That, I guess, is because the amp is designed for EA cabinets that pride themselves on purity of tone.

The EA sound is a little "too" neutral for me. I like coloration that fits my perspective of what MY tone is.Of course, if your ears want super transparency then you would want EA instead of Eden.
  6. When I compared the Eden to the EA, I used a neutral cabinet (neither Eden or EA). Perhaps the EA is more neutral sounding than the Eden when using the EA cabs but when using another brand cabinet I did not find it all that neutral. Don't get me wrong though, it is a quality amp!
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

How about having both - I've got an Eden amp and EA cabs - which seems to me to be the best of both worlds! :D
  8. Ya can't go wrong there. Both are high quality companies. How about this... A buddy of mine was stuck on that "gotta be an all tube SVT" sound. Well, I met him at a local guitar center. What a coincidence, they had a used Eden WT-600 for $899 sitting there. I asked him to compare the Ampeg SVT-II, Classic and the Eden. He then said "there is no comparison". However, he thought he would get a laugh out of it so he did the comparison. To make this story short, he left with the Eden!