Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Son of Bovril, Apr 5, 2005.

1. give your opinions Eden wt550 vs the EBS TD650 - which would u choose and why?

I've played both, which do you think would be better for a heavy rock type vibe?
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    This sounds like a question for Mr. Munji...

OH MUNJI..Where are you????????????????????
  3. EBS, greater tone, more versatility:) Did I mention I totally love EBS? ;)
  4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I can only base my answer on owning one Eden head, and one EBS head, and hands down, I'd choose the Eden. I thought it sounded better, and was MUCH more reliable.
  5. We have differing opinions in Ohio (previous post is from Ohio). I owned an Eden rig, and lusted after an EBS rig. I haven't played the head you are talking about, but I played the HD350 and was impressed. I ended up with Euphonic and will never love another (or so I say), but I would take the EBS over the Eden, especially the new Eden stuff.
  6. Whats wrong with new Eden stuff?
  7. Man, that's six of one and half a dozen of the other. They both sound sweet. One of each!
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Here comes the surprise answer. I haven't played the 650, but I played a Fafner (similar, I think), and to my ear it sounded as good as my Eden. I recall posting at the time that the EBS was the only amp I would consider besides Eden. That is, of course, until I heard the ol' DB 750, one of which I now own.
  9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Nothing. It's better, actually, mainly because everything will bridge into 4 ohms now.
  10. Yeah, I knew people were saying its quality stuff, I was just wondering what he thought was wrong with it.
  11. I recorded through an EDEN DI lineout last night - nice clean tone, the tube definately adds saturation to the sound, but it seemed to make my warwick sound more like a cort! - maybe I can EQ that out...

I find the tube tone isn't as tight as a solid state preamp in the low end, but I like the tube sound on the higher registers
  12. I own an HD350 and it's very good - it's very loud (I never trun it above half way on a gig) it combines well with my Warwick - and the XLR DI out is superb for recording - depending on the bass you use and the music you play I think EBS are great - but I think they suit funk, blues and jazz more than out and out rock - but the sound is so much better than Ampeg IMO a Fafner or 650 would kick huge amounts of booty. Eden are great and I have nothing against them - they are a great make and to be honest I'd love to own a Traveller head - so small and powerful - but I chose EBS because they really sound so clear and punchy. All of that said i'd still love to get my hands on an Epiphani head - a frikkin loud one too!

13. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I have both...well the wt800 and the Fafner. Both great amps and highly suitable for rock.

The Fafner might be just a bit grindier(is that a word?) than the Eden. This is probably because of how the tube is implimented into the circuit. I kinda feel that the Fafner might be a little more rubustly built but I've not had a lick of trouble with either.

The Fafner really favors a 4 or 2 ohm load. It sounds kinda wimpy into 8 ohms.

I'd say you can't go wrong with either.
  14. cool, thanx guys - I think its gonna be a price thing in the end... The EBS stuff is quite a bit more expensive than the EDEN stuff here in SA
  15. EBS stuff isreally expensive in the US. I'm from Belgium, so I could get a decent price for my Fafner (1600 euro's, still expensive though), but it truly is worth the money :bassist:
  16. I'm bringing this thread back to life and would like you ask you- what would you like more- EBS HD350 or Eden WT-405(2005 US made)?

Both are all solid state heads, nearly the same functions and power(both have quality adjustable compressor, "warming" function, simple eq..) Oh, and Eden has MUTE :)

I have those heads both in my room(see pic :) ) now so I know I have to choose and use my own ears, but I'm interested which one would you prefer, according to your experience.

Thanks a lot.

17. Do you have to pic just one? I'd say use the EBS with the jazz and the Eden with the P bass just cause the colours match ;-)
  18. Unfortunately, I can keep only one of them. In fact, colors are not only thing which is matching, it is the sound, too :)
  19. if that is an EBS Microbass II on the top there and that is gonna be staying, then i would keep the eden and use the Microbass into the FX return for when you need that EBS sound...
  20. nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Check it on a gig, davidaku :) - for headroom and cut through the mix or how it sits in the mix. And I guess EBS compressor will be better than Edens. On the other hand, Eden is more portable. Tough choice.