Eden vs. EBS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rick1906, Oct 25, 2002.

1. rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    I’m looking for a 4 x 10 cabinet and can get either an Eden D-410T or an EBS. Does anyone have any feedback on either of these cabinets? I’m currently playing a Ken Smith BSR5M through an Ampeg SVP Pro preamp and QSC RMX850 power amp.

2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I can give you feedback on the D410-T. I play through that cab powered by an SWR SM-500. I like the tone. Mine tends to have somewhat of a growly sound in the lower registers. The highs are nice and crisp. It doesn't sound as loud and hi-fi as the 410XLT which is probably due to a combo of being rear-ported and not having the same speakers. The only thing you should know about this cab though is that the frequency response is +/- 2db 80hz to 14khz -6db @ 50hz. Therefore you aren't going to be getting much fundamental on the lower notes...mostly overtones. I just looked at your post again and see that you're playing a five string. I cannot recommend this cab to you for use with a five string. I think it sounds pretty good for a four string, even when I drop D with my D-tuner, but I just don't see it sounding good down to that low B. I would get a 2x10XLT and then save up for a 1x12 maybe if I were you. Or better yet, just get a 210XST!! That's gonna cost ya though.

brad cook
  3. i've played the 410T for years with many 5 strings and it sounds great. then again, i don't play any heavy music...
  4. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    i have the ebs 410 cab..this bad boy is SUPER LOUD
    and PUNCHY.
    Rated at 800 watts with a sensitivity rating of 111
    highest that i know of.
    if you're looking for a neutral sounding cab that MOVES AIR,this is the cab for you.

also check search.

and p.m.
  5. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    EBS. I think they are quite swell.
  6. I played an EBS a few days ago. It was quite loud but the tone was too focused on high mids for my taste. There was no dial for the tweeter and there was a strange buzz. I hear great things and Marcus Miller plays them but this particular cab was not up to par.
  7. ingmar

Oct 14, 2002
    Normandy, France
    I compared the Eden 410XLT and the EBS410 and guess what I got? The EBS, which by the way has an adjustable tweeter unlike what was said in a previous post! I love this cab, best finger tone I ever heard, I could not believe it was me that was sounding so good, and it slaps awesome too. I preferred the midrange over the Eden, which is also a good cabinet by the way. The EBS looks more elegant though, if it really matters...