Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden vs. EBS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rick1906, Oct 25, 2002.

1. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    NC
    I’m looking for a 4 x 10 cabinet and can get either an Eden D-410T or an EBS. Does anyone have any feedback on either of these cabinets? I’m currently playing a Ken Smith BSR5M through an Ampeg SVP Pro preamp and QSC RMX850 power amp.

Thanks!

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I can give you feedback on the D410-T. I play through that cab powered by an SWR SM-500. I like the tone. Mine tends to have somewhat of a growly sound in the lower registers. The highs are nice and crisp. It doesn't sound as loud and hi-fi as the 410XLT which is probably due to a combo of being rear-ported and not having the same speakers. The only thing you should know about this cab though is that the frequency response is +/- 2db 80hz to 14khz -6db @ 50hz. Therefore you aren't going to be getting much fundamental on the lower notes...mostly overtones. I just looked at your post again and see that you're playing a five string. I cannot recommend this cab to you for use with a five string. I think it sounds pretty good for a four string, even when I drop D with my D-tuner, but I just don't see it sounding good down to that low B. I would get a 2x10XLT and then save up for a 1x12 maybe if I were you. Or better yet, just get a 210XST!! That's gonna cost ya though.

brad cook

3. i've played the 410T for years with many 5 strings and it sounds great. then again, i don't play any heavy music...

4. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    i have the ebs 410 cab..this bad boy is SUPER LOUD
    and PUNCHY.
    Rated at 800 watts with a sensitivity rating of 111
    highest that i know of.
    if you're looking for a neutral sounding cab that MOVES AIR,this is the cab for you.

also check search.

and p.m.

5. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    EBS. I think they are quite swell.

6. I played an EBS a few days ago. It was quite loud but the tone was too focused on high mids for my taste. There was no dial for the tweeter and there was a strange buzz. I hear great things and Marcus Miller plays them but this particular cab was not up to par.

7. ingmar

ingmar

Oct 14, 2002
    Normandy, France
    I compared the Eden 410XLT and the EBS410 and guess what I got? The EBS, which by the way has an adjustable tweeter unlike what was said in a previous post! I love this cab, best finger tone I ever heard, I could not believe it was me that was sounding so good, and it slaps awesome too. I preferred the midrange over the Eden, which is also a good cabinet by the way. The EBS looks more elegant though, if it really matters...