Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden VS Nemesis Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 16, 2005.

1. well...since my whole amp purchasing plan has backflipped from a nemesis combo + cab to have the Trace Elliot, with a poweramp(most likely a mackie m800) im thinking what cab/s i should probably get.....

i was thinking a Nemesis 1x15" and 4x10"
    or just a eden D-410xlt

2. I'd go with the eden d-410xlt myself. You can upgrade the size of your cabinets easier than upgrading quality.

3. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I'd just go for the xlt also. The bass player was playing through one at church (800-1000 seat auditorium) with no PA support and it sounded great. If you're pushing it with a decent poweramp, you won't be short on volume or tone.

4. I prefer the eden, but i took a mate in, just for a different opinion, and when comparing both he preferred the Nemesis, he found it to be "less glassy". But thats just his opinion.

Best choice is to play 'em both and see.

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Heath you know my answer :)

I walked in there with enough cash to buy a 410xlt. I'd always wanted one.

For the same money, I walked out with a nemisis 410 and a 210 xlt instead. Not only did this combination sound better and louder to me, it was MUCH easier to haul around. That 410xlt weights as much as I do (about 70kg). I could barely get it off the ground. The Namisis and 210xlt weigh 70kg combined, but I get to split it into to not-so-killer trips to the car.

Since them I've mated that Nemisis 410 with other 210's and even with 15's, and it always sounds good.

Heath if you're ever in Sydney, pop in to my place and try out a few different cabs. Let your ears decide.

6. i might have to pete...although we do have nemesis, eden, hartke, yorkville, yamaha and all that jazz at my local now...but ill come down once i get my Trace Elliot head....

so far we've only had the nemesis 410 and 210 combo and the 210 cab which i havent tried yet...but i mean, nemesis 210 cab for $800 :eek: ....thats pretty damn good....

i was thinking just getting, if going the nemesis option, the nemesis 410 and using it standalone for a while then if neccecary get the 15 or 210 to pair with it....oh we also got some Mark Bass gear here which the cabs sound rather nice....

i say ill bee down sydney a bit more often from now on....were trying to get the jazz trio giggin down there, that and my drummer lives in surry hills...you can try the ksd :p

oh and pete, one of my mates moved down there not long ago, bassist, goes by the name tim mccartney, you know him?

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Do you have any idea how big Sydney is Heath :)

I know one bass player named Tim - he's a aircraft Mechanic who plays bass on the side. He doesn't like me because his girlfriend would rather come watch my band than his.........

8. Pete, Brace yourself, I'm comming over!!! :ninja: :bassist:

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Email or PM me. But I might make you wait till I'm finished building my 2x12. I wouldn't mind an outside opinion or 2.

10. brace himself for you? gaz you're a lightwieght in annoying bastards compared to me :p

mmmmmm.....nemesis and trace elliot :hyper: :D :p

11. good stuff pete, no rush. Whats the ETA on your 2x12.. i wouldnt mind checking out the Ebony stuff, since ive only heard good stuff about it.

12. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    ETA? Depends how long they keep the speakers in Quarantine for. Yep, they quarantined raw drivers! I can't believe it either. I've cut the timber for the cab, so once the speakers arrive it should come together pretty quickly. I'll let you know.

13. Coolies Pete, I'll haul all my crap so you can get a 'different' sound runnin into your cab, if you want.

CIJ 62 Jazz Re-Issue
    Ibanez BTB 406
    Spector Euro Neck Through 4
    Boss ME-50B

14. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Yeah man that's cool. The more gear the better. I've got lots of other toys for you guys to muck around with, including several speaker cabs all of which are different. All have strengths and weaknesses but none are perfect - that's why I'm building this 2x12. I can tweak it so it suits ME rather than a majority.

Gees I hope it works out now that I've opened my big mouth. Sometimes these things pan out well on paper but not so well in the flesh. Oh well, time will tell.

15. i still love that avatar poida :p

hmmmm...another gig this sunday....anybody want my peavey mark 3 for $150 so i can be Trace Elliot-ised next week :D

16. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Do you realise how many TBers think that's actually a pic of me? Funny stuff :)

17. do they know who eric bana is :eyebrow:

18. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Yeah, but you must admit he's looking pretty different in this pic :)

19. are they blind :eyebrow:

well, he looks slighty different than a big green hulk....can still tell its eric bana......

20. In regards to the Nemesis cabs, I almost purchased the 4x10, although I settled on a Laney, It just seemed more right to me. The 4x10 is a great cab though. And btw don't let them con you into paying 800 bucks for the 2x10. The 4x10 can be had for the same amount, if you play your cards right.