eden vs nemesis combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jamesonellis, Dec 7, 2004.

1. jamesonellis

Nov 12, 2004
    i was wondering if anyone had any firsthand xpirience w/ nemesis combos alongside eden combos,obviously they are very different in price and manufacture, but how does that translate into tone and value?
  2. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I use my guitarist's Nemesis 410 combo at practice and it sounds awesome.

I've used it on a couple of gigs, and it really sounded great and pretty loud too.

I've had an Eden Metro and while it sounded nice, it couldn't handle the low B very well, and it didn't get very loud without sounding distorted.
  3. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    your guitarists use a bass combo?
  4. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Tone......as much as people rave about certain sounds by certain manufacturers, I prefer to have an amp that gives my a wide range of flexible sounds. I play dead rooms, I play live rooms, I play boomy rooms, I also play rock, jazz blues. So I want an amp to enable me to dial in eq to suit a room. On top of that, I want the amp to have an inherent flat sound that is full, clear and projects well. I also need an amp that can be used in a variety of sized rooms. The Nemesis works very well for 98% of the venues I play. I think that's good.

Value....I am happy with it. For my budget and my needs, I have been very very satisfied. Of course I would like to own more expensive gear. Would it get me more gigs? I doubt it. I get a good sound with what I have.
  5. Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I used a Nemesis 410 for a while before upgrading. I think it is a great value overall. Loud, portable, decent tone and features.
  6. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    My guitarist is a monster musician who can play guitar, bass, keyboards, drums, etc. He has a degree in music theory and can outplay almost everyone I know on almost any instrument.

He has 25 guitars, 4 basses (including a double bass), two pianos, three synths, and a nice drum kit.

So, I use his Nemesis combo when we practice at his place, so I don't have to drag my rig around.

I play through my rig at gigs, though there have been a couple of gigs where we've had other bands use our gear, and I refuse to let someone mess with my stuff. So I used his amp.