Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden vs nemesis combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jamesonellis, Dec 7, 2004.

1. jamesonellis

jamesonellis

Nov 12, 2004
    i was wondering if anyone had any firsthand xpirience w/ nemesis combos alongside eden combos,obviously they are very different in price and manufacture, but how does that translate into tone and value?

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I use my guitarist's Nemesis 410 combo at practice and it sounds awesome.

I've used it on a couple of gigs, and it really sounded great and pretty loud too.

I've had an Eden Metro and while it sounded nice, it couldn't handle the low B very well, and it didn't get very loud without sounding distorted.

3. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    your guitarists use a bass combo?

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Tone......as much as people rave about certain sounds by certain manufacturers, I prefer to have an amp that gives my a wide range of flexible sounds. I play dead rooms, I play live rooms, I play boomy rooms, I also play rock, jazz blues. So I want an amp to enable me to dial in eq to suit a room. On top of that, I want the amp to have an inherent flat sound that is full, clear and projects well. I also need an amp that can be used in a variety of sized rooms. The Nemesis works very well for 98% of the venues I play. I think that's good.

Value....I am happy with it. For my budget and my needs, I have been very very satisfied. Of course I would like to own more expensive gear. Would it get me more gigs? I doubt it. I get a good sound with what I have.

5. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I used a Nemesis 410 for a while before upgrading. I think it is a great value overall. Loud, portable, decent tone and features.

6. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    My guitarist is a monster musician who can play guitar, bass, keyboards, drums, etc. He has a degree in music theory and can outplay almost everyone I know on almost any instrument.

He has 25 guitars, 4 basses (including a double bass), two pianos, three synths, and a nice drum kit.

So, I use his Nemesis combo when we practice at his place, so I don't have to drag my rig around.

I play through my rig at gigs, though there have been a couple of gigs where we've had other bands use our gear, and I refuse to let someone mess with my stuff. So I used his amp.