1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden VT-300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 61pollmann, Nov 27, 2005.

1. 61pollmann

61pollmann Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I have a chance to pick up an almost-new Eden VT-300 for a reasonable sum. I searched TB for this amp and found references to it. I would, however, like to get some feedback from any TBers who have actually used this amp for a significant amount of time on gigs. Is it reliable? Is it reasonably versatile in terms of tone? I play a wide variety of styles, due to the fact that I get hired to read shows behind singers and vocal groups who come to town without a full band. This past summer, I played a music festival where I backed six different acts. I have been using an Eden WT-400, but I want something warmer. I also have an early 60s Ampeg B15N, but I'm getting too old to lift it(+100 lbs). I am currently using two Bergantino 112s. They are a lot easier to lift than a large cabinet. Many gigs only require one cabinet.

I'm hoping that I can get some useful feedback on this amp. It sounds tempting.

2. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    sorry to piggyback on your thread, but i would really appreciate your opinions on the wt400/berg 112 x 2 rig you use. strong points? weak points? versatility in tone... usefulness in small/med/large gigs?

sorry, i dont know anything about your vt300... try eden-electronics.com , however i doubt the forum there is entirely unbiased.

3. 61pollmann

61pollmann Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Isn't there anyone out there who uses an Eden VT-300?

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have a VT-300A, and I have used it a good deal in a band practice setting, but only once in a gig setting. Here is a thread that I started:

Eden VT-300A versus SVT (intial impression)

I do think that it is fairly versatile, tonally, and one of its strengths is the ability to dial in a variety of overdriven tones at a variety of volumes.

If the price is reasonable, then I would go for it.

Tom.