Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden wedge cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazza42uk, Apr 23, 2003.

1. jazza42uk

jazza42uk

Sep 14, 2001
    Bristol, UK
    Hi

I'm aiming to downsize my big (i.e. heavy) rig somewhat this year; one of the configurations I'm considering includes two of the Eden D-210MBW wedge cabs. Assuming I can still get them, that is. :)
    I play fretted 5 almost exclusively, and I'm in a 15-piece soul band so I need to be able to hear myself over 7 horns. Anybody used these cabs and care to comment on them & their suitability? Please advise, I'm looking to you guys for help. Thanx in advance.

Rich

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Kinda...... I needed a bass wedge and I didn't want to butcher my Eden 2x10 xlt. So I built a wedge from scratch, being careful to replicate the exact the box volume and porting of the XLT. Then I transplanted the speakers etc into the new cab. It worked beautifully. I don't see why 2 of them wouldn't kick butt. I use mine with a 15 bass wedge I built and (the 15 is better for thr 5th string imo). Between the 2 of them can raise the roof of most venues.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    i use a eden 210-mbx for my top cab. then a single 15 below it. I love it! I really want a 410, but I can't part with my eden. It just sounds too good. Well, maybe I could part for a good trade, or good cash. I just wish someday maybe Eden would sponsor me. Oh don't I wish... Anyways--moral of the story: Eden wedge cabs = Awesome.:bassist:

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    btw, what are you getting rid of...

5. jazza42uk

jazza42uk

Sep 14, 2001
    Bristol, UK
    >btw, what are you getting rid of...

Trace GP12SMX pre-amp, SoundTech 2x400w power amp, and 2x Peavey 410TXF cabs. The cabs certainly project well, but the bulk & weight is just too much these days. Hence the desire for something rather smaller.
    I suppose another option would be to use one 210MBW and one plain 210XLT.
    Incidentally, ampwise I'm thinking in terms of the Eden Roadrunner head. I figured it'd make an ideal companion for the cabs.
    Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it. Keep it coming!

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I use a GK 1001RB head with mine. I have never been a fan of peavey for some reason. I haven't tried any stuff I like. I bought a Crown amp over a peavey, too. I haven't really had the chance to try any, but i probably should. The main store/business office for where I work carries Peavey, so maybe I should go up and try some out. Anyways, I definitely like Eden stuff. Good luck!

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The D210MBW is no longer in production, but the MBX is.

I've got an MBX as well, and love it to death, I use it in conjunction with an Eden D410XST which is just frightening.....

:D