1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden WP-100 Navigator - doofy/newbie question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pnutz, Aug 20, 2012.

1. pnutz

pnutz Supporting Member

this question is for the owners of the eden nav who have lived and gigged with their pre for a bit. just picked up my eden nav and am running a mono signal into a qsc 1202. i immediately took the 'recording d.i. out' into the 1202. so now i have three knobs to twiddle with to achieve optimum tone level.

my question is do y'all have a specific plan/procedure to achieve proper levels? do you crank the d.i. level knob to '10' then goose up the gain and master to taste? or am i dealing with apples and apples and hotter levels at either stage don't matter? just want to make sure i'm shooting out the best pure signal to the amp. thanks! :)

2. I'm pretty sure the Master and DI levels are separate... the Gain will affect both, but if you are using the DI out then the master shouldn't affect it and vice versa.

I just use the left channel xlr out to my poweramps, I've read that the 1/4" out is supposed to be hotter, but the xlr is hotter on mine?

The suggested way to set the levels is to set the poweramp volume all the way up, have the gain set so that only on your hardest notes the clip light flashes slightly. then set the master volume to control how much level you need... and keep an eye on the signal indicators on your poweamp to make sure it isn't clipping