Eden WP100 output ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mlowe, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Hi All,

I have an Eden WP100 preamp that I'm using with a Peak Audio UL2000 (1000W/ch@4 600W/ch@8).

The issue I have is what seems like a lack of drive to the power amp. I have already checked that the internal output sensitivity switch is high inside the preamp.

The rig runs very clean but it seems like I have to throw as much as i can at the power amp to drive it to any level. I have heard this power amp drive some monster cabinets running 15's and 18" drivers and pound them.

With the amp having an ability to produce more than enough power, my first concern was being carefull not to damage cabs if anything.

I've checked the eden doc and they don't specifiy much in the way of output impedance etc. The power amp is the usual 600ohm.

Any ideas would be really apreciated....

2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    MAKE sure all your compression and limiter related knobs are off or at minimum. Turn your guitar ALL the way up, get your gain up as high as possible before clipping and turn up your master....

try this link over at the eden webpage forum...http://www.eden-electronics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2751&SearchTerms=wp-100

hope that helps, if worse comes to worse ask "laneonbass" at the eden forum, he can get you the answers.