1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden WP100 + power amp questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RobertPaulson, Mar 20, 2009.

1. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Dec 11, 2008
    Des Moines
    i was in guitar center over lunch and they had a used WP100 in there for $600, also had the 1250 power amp for $900. I played around with it for a bit and the tone was awesome. I have a couple questions, one is $600 a decent used price for this head, as far as I could tell it was in almost perfect condition. Ebay didn't prove very helpful as a pricing gauge.

My second question is about what to do for a power amp. $900 is a bit out of my pricerange, especially after dropping 6 on a pre, so could I use the poweramp on my svt III pro for the time being (run it into the effects loop perhaps?). I would eventually want to replace it, but I've never really looked into pre/power setups before. I'd want a 2 space at most, 1 space preferably as my rack is already full and I'm going to have to ditch something already. What would I be looking at for a solid poweramp in terms of price?

thanks

2. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I love my Navigator and think that $600 is a fair price. make sure it comes with the 4 button foot switch or look for a further discount.

I have no experience with Eden power amps but I run a QSC PLX1804 with mine. I went with a QSC as it was a lot less expensive, way more powerful, smaller, lighter and fit in a shallow rack. I have run my Navigator with a few different power amps and loved it with all of them. You can easily use the power amp section of your SVT but I would eventually try to fond a good poweramp. I'm sure the 1250 would be a sweet amp but I have been able to keep my rig at less then 25 pounds using the QSC.

$900 also seems pretty steep for a used power amp.

let us know if you go for it.

3. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a navigator at a wt1000 (essentially the older version of the wt1250) and they are great together. I personally think that 900 bucks is a bit much for a power amp. I like the tone knobs on the wt and I love mine but I would not pay that much for it. My WT1000 was used and I got it for around 500. A navi through any amp sounds great. if price is an issue I would look at QSC's or I actually had a lot of luck running mine through a Mackie 1400i and you can get those used very cheap. Good luck

4. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    With the Eden poweramps, you get a single tube front end on those units which will warm up the signal you send to it. Not a big difference in tone, but you probably can hear it.

Lane Baldwin, one of the Eden spokespeople for their products; I had a chance to talk to him about Eden's power amps and he told me to stick with my QSC PLX amp. The Eden power amps are not much different and the difference in sound is not worth the extra money.

The WP-100 is difficult to find brand new and there will always be a wait period for Eden's stuff (I waited 3 months for mine and gave up). Grab it while you can and get a non-Eden power amp. When you have the chance. It's worth it.

5. I just picked up an WP100 here for $550 with the foot switch and 20ft midi cable. so as long as it had the foot switch its a decent price for GC.

As for power amps I use a Crown XLS802 which is 500Watts at 8ohms I bought it new for $600. I believe the Eden one is way to much money for the amount of power.