Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WP100 Questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mlowe, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Hi Guys,

I noticed that one of you guys posted a review in about the WP100 and saying that you felt it was a little insensitive on the input.

I have noticed the same. I did hear that there is a jumper pin inside that sets the sensitivity of the input. Haven't tried this yet.

The other point I can relate to is the valve character control seem to do alost nothing to the sound. It's almost like this part of the preamp is smokey windows.

Any ideas?

Mark.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I own and gig with one of these at least twice a week. The tube character knob has TONS of effect on sound, *IF* you have the right tube. Swap it out with a quality tube, and become a believer.

There is a selector switch on the inside of the unit, right behind the crossover knobs, that adjusts the output sensitivity voltage. This is described in the manual. Check it out.

3. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    The sensitivity pin will make a huge difference in your gain stage. It is in the front/center area and easily accessable.

As for the tube, try changing it out with a different tube. I put a GT 12AX7M in mine and it is very warm sounding when turned all the way up. I did not care for the standard Ruby tube that it came with either.

4. the switch was already on but when off did make a big difference. It may be the preamp on my bass that's not too bright (Yamaha BB5000, Stingray5 on order). When the vol and gain on the bass is full then it is ok. Just seems a bit extreme to have to do this.

I should try another bass on it. I will try the tube change. I can hear a difference but is so mellow.

Other than the tube the preamp is killer. Must say after opening it up it is very well made. Especially by hand.

Thanks, it helps to hear these points from people who use the gear. :)

5. Tophe07

Tophe07

Feb 26, 2005
    Congrats on getting a very solid pre-amp. I got mine recently as well and couldn't be happier. The thing has everything I could ever want. Sounds beautiful.

6. I'm really glad I bought it. Here in Aussieland we pay big for any US gear because of the dollar in other taxes import duties etc. I payed a bit over $2000 for mine but I don't regret it. A few have bagged me for spending so much on a preamp when I could have bought a good head for the same.

I have built quite a few power amps so I figured what I'll save on that will balance out anyways.

I finding it really hard to knock Eden gear.

Cheers. BTW. You got to like the beer in MO :smug: