Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT-1000 issues

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kelvin, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000
    Singapore.
    Hi all,

Have had my Eden WT1000 for over 2 years. For the most part, functions well with an Alembic F1-X preamp and Eden XLT210.

Last year, noticed that my XLT "booms" occasionally. Tracked this problem down to the WT-1000. After calling Eden, was told that resistors on the preamp board (R42) have come loose. Managed to take the thing apart and fixed the problem. THis has become a fairly common occurance (every 2/3 months or so).

Lately, I've been experiencing a "crackling" sound whenever I coax any "mwah" out of my main fretless. This crackling doesn't happen with any other bass plugged in, even another fretless (warwick thumb).

Am wondering if any fellow Eden WT-1000 owners out there has experienced the same problems, and if so, might be somewhat ahead of me in the learning curve and addressed these problems already.

Thanks!!

2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    If the crackling isn't coming from any other basses then I suspect it's coming from your bass

3. Tightanic

Tightanic Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Have you already checked your battery (in case it is a active bass)? Some preamps may cause serious clipping on louder notes if the voltage coming from the battery is too low. This would be an explaination for your experience: Producing "mwaa"-like sounds on a fretless bass may be produced by pulling the string so hard that it will hit the fretboard while oscillating. I hope my para-scientific explainations sound plausibly, escpecially using these terms which I got from Altavista.Babelfish.com!!
    :p
    Johannes

4. Kelvin

Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000
    Singapore.
    Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies.

Didn't get to check out my rig till today as I just got back from a business trip.

Now the crackling, followed by intermittent cutoff is evident when all my basses are plugged in. Its probably not bass related then, as these issues never surfaced until the preamp was "serviced" by the agents for Eden here in Singapore.

Didn't have that problem on my practice amp. Also, seems like I'm having to turn up the level knob on a higher setting now to get the same amount of volume as before. This sounds familiar to anyone?

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yes that does sound familiar.

Low output from your bass could be causing you to have to turnthe volume up. You could have low output from a old batery in an active bass.

Peace
    Nick